[Q] Boot Animation

Search This thread

ldrifta

Mar 15, 2011
Lynn, Mass
Ok as some of you know i have started work on a pre dev'd rom and things are going ok with it.. But my question is... Boot Animation?? A friend and I have tried all different methods trying to get this thing working but just no luck at all..

Here's the details...

Rom: SenseLX v2.02
Firmware: 2.1 Sense
Radio: 2.22.28.25
Hboot: 1.33.0013d
Boot Screen: Stock HTC (Quietly Brilliant) screen with little green loading bar at bottom..
also has a boot sound which i can get working so thats not an issue..

Ok so now i have tried the custom boot screen i want on a different Sense rom and it worked fine!! i made no changes to anything in the bootanimatin.zip than placed it in my SenseLX rom in system/media. Now after flashing the rom, the custom boot screen and audio i chose work for about 2 seconds than the whole screen turns green... untill rom has fully booted.

A. im doing something wrong and it can be something stupid...
B. that little green loading bar on stock boot is causing me some serious problems!!! :(
(i unzipped the stock bootanimation.zip and seen there was NO green bar image on the .png files for the boot screen)
so is there something in the files for this rom to possibly turn that little green loading bar off??

Or does anyone know what it might bee?????

Thank you, sorry if i didn't provide enough details just ask and i will give.. :D

Last edited:

ldrifta

Mar 15, 2011
Lynn, Mass
naa sorry man lol we tried tho.. im thinking its that stupid green loading bar thats screwing with it.. thats why the screen turns green for the rest of the boot lol

Maxamillion

Feb 5, 2011
hey ldrifta when you rezipped the bootanimation zip in back into the rom zip file, did u use the store compression method in winrar? Boot animations wont work if you store them compressed. when rezipping,all you have to do is right click on the bootanimation.zip, click add to archive, go to browse and look for the rom.zip file whereever you have it, and then look for where it says "compression method" and choose the "Store option", then reflash and see if it works.

ldrifta

Mar 15, 2011
Lynn, Mass
hey ldrifta when you rezipped the bootanimation zip in back into the rom zip file, did u use the store compression method in winrar? Boot animations wont work if you store them compressed. when rezipping,all you have to do is right click on the bootanimation.zip, click add to archive, go to browse and look for the rom.zip file whereever you have it, and then look for where it says "compression method" and choose the "Store option", then reflash and see if it works.
i was just placing the bootanimation.zip in the rom before i zip and sign it.. worked fine that way on 3.5 base

i will send it to you namit