• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] boot loop issue

Search This thread

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
the problem is that a got cynageon mod on my motorola droid it is now stuck in boot loop and usb debugging is off. what do i do?

Have you installed a custom recovery? Boot into recovery and select "factory reset" then select "whipe dalvik cache". This should get you out of the bootloop.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
whay is a custom recovery and how do i boot into recovery

First of you can boot into recovery by holding the x button (On the physical keyboard) and the power button down at the same time. From here select "factory reset" this should fix your bootloop on reboot. A custom recovery allows you to use adb from recovery, make a complete backup of your device nandroid backup as well as other very useful functions. I would recommend you install Clockworkmod Recovery, to do this download ROM Manager, open ROM Manager and select flash Clockworkmod Recovery, it should say successfully flashed, then hit the reboot recovery button to reboot into recovery, you can also manually entering recovery by holding the x button on the physical keyboard and the power button at the same time. For future reference you should always flash a custom recovery such as TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) or Clockworkmod Recovery. Let me know if you still have questions :).

Reactions: Elitetec

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    whay is a custom recovery and how do i boot into recovery

First of you can boot into recovery by holding the x button (On the physical keyboard) and the power button down at the same time. From here select "factory reset" this should fix your bootloop on reboot. A custom recovery allows you to use adb from recovery, make a complete backup of your device nandroid backup as well as other very useful functions. I would recommend you install Clockworkmod Recovery, to do this download ROM Manager, open ROM Manager and select flash Clockworkmod Recovery, it should say successfully flashed, then hit the reboot recovery button to reboot into recovery, you can also manually entering recovery by holding the x button on the physical keyboard and the power button at the same time. For future reference you should always flash a custom recovery such as TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) or Clockworkmod Recovery. Let me know if you still have questions :).