[Q] Bought a Galaxy S4 Mini - few questions

Search This thread

magus57

Oct 2, 2010
Chicago
It won't arrive for a little bit (1saleaday is slow to ship), so I figure I'll ask some questions in the meantime.

Does it support MHL 2.0? I've seen conflicting info, in that some places don't even mention MHL support. And if it's not 2.0, does it require that specific 11-pin Samsung adapter? Selling my HTC One and not sure if I should just include my current 5-pin adapter with it.

Does it work with the Smart Dock like the regular S4 and whatnot? Assuming it works with MHL 2.0, I don't see why it wouldn't work with the Smart Dock.

What kind of sound hardware does it have? I don't suppose its Wolfson...

Does it support exFAT for microSD? I've seen confirmation that it supports 64GB cards at least.

And any idea if it'll have a wireless charging back like for the S4? Don't know if it even supports wireless charging.

irv777

Dec 7, 2004
I've tried mhl 1.0 and 2.0. Both don't work. Also tried USB OTG also doesn't work.

I have a 64gb micro sd but I can't remember how it's formatted. But definitely works.

Reactions: magus57

magus57

Oct 2, 2010
Chicago
I've tried mhl 1.0 and 2.0. Both don't work. Also tried USB OTG also doesn't work.

I have a 64gb micro sd but I can't remember how it's formatted. But definitely works.

Well crap, I was banking on at least regular MHL - are you sure its not the cable you're using (as in, it requires the Samsung specific 11-pin cable)? If not, then I guess GSMarena is wrong (wouldn't be the first time).

irv777

Dec 7, 2004
I've tried both a cheap one from ebay and the samsung geniune one which works with my normal Galaxy S4 without using the power cable......both cable works on my normal GS4 but it doesn't work on my MIni GS4....i've also tried with or without the power cable attached and still doesn't work.

Reactions: magus57

magus57

Oct 2, 2010
Chicago
I've tried both a cheap one from ebay and the samsung geniune one which works with my normal Galaxy S4 without using the power cable......both cable works on my normal GS4 but it doesn't work on my MIni GS4....i've also tried with or without the power cable attached and still doesn't work.

Well that really sucks. Oh well, guess I'll stick to using my Tab Plus for that for the time being.

adibadro

Mar 10, 2012
The Hague / Den Haag
Well crap, I was banking on at least regular MHL - are you sure its not the cable you're using (as in, it requires the Samsung specific 11-pin cable)? If not, then I guess GSMarena is wrong (wouldn't be the first time).

only the samsung hdmi adapter works with the GS4 mini due to a specific protocol since it is not HML enabled. I know... it sucks, but it has other ways to connect to a TV

adibadro

Mar 10, 2012
The Hague / Den Haag
Hahaha, Figured why have people keep searching for more info. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

yeah... just got one and it was a much waited upgrade to my phone... and the size was the selling point i hate those damn 5inch-ers. why would anybody what all that power and resolution in a phone?
I would just go for an awesome camera... but that's just me.
If i run into some cool hacks, i'll come back and post them here.
Cheers!

justlovejoy

Dec 29, 2009
Cybertron/Earth
en.wikipedia.org
yeah... just got one and it was a much waited upgrade to my phone... and the size was the selling point i hate those damn 5inch-ers. why would anybody what all that power and resolution in a phone?
I would just go for an awesome camera... but that's just me.
If i run into some cool hacks, i'll come back and post them here.
Cheers!
Personally I can go for one.
Screen real estate has always been a plus for me but the remote got me on this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Don't be shy, name a way or two.
    Lol ,thanks

:)) not shy :))
    samsung smart TVs have this almost-like "wifi-direct" connection and you can mirror through wifi the phone's display. like sony has with their phones&TVs. you need to be connected to the same wifi... that's it
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone