[Q] broke my home haptic

Search This thread

erad1

Dec 3, 2010
MiamiBeach
I am running GR-11 and liking it....but I recently uploaded an i9000 theme for JVB roms and it seems to have broken my home haptic feedback.:rolleyes: Is there any way to fix this without reflashing...preferably with a CWM zip?

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
I am running GR-11 and liking it....but I recently uploaded an i9000 theme for JVB roms and it seems to have broken my home haptic feedback.:rolleyes: Is there any way to fix this without reflashing...preferably with a CWM zip?

Grab the android policy jar from your rom zip and use root explorer to put it in your system/framework folder and over write the old one. You must be careful flashing themes as the roms are very modded and if the theme doesnt have the mods then you will lose functions like the feedback

Reactions: erad1

erad1

Dec 3, 2010
MiamiBeach
Trying to use astro and it doesn't allow me to copy/paste anything into system/framework...never has, although my system is mounted rw thru SGS toolbox...ill have to try another file manager i guess. unless there is something about astro im not aware of. What i've heard/read is that the only difference in the pro version is its ad-free. Is that true?

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
Trying to use astro and it doesn't allow me to copy/paste anything into system/framework...never has, although my system is mounted rw thru SGS toolbox...ill have to try another file manager i guess. unless there is something about astro im not aware of. What i've heard/read is that the only difference in the pro version is its ad-free. Is that true?

From what I understand Astro will not work as it doesnt have the ability to edit root files. I use Root Explorer and not sure about astro

erad1

Dec 3, 2010
MiamiBeach
Thanks for your help but I tried es/file explorer and file expert but neither actually worked....weird? Guess ill just wait for the actual GR release as I am very pleased with my current version.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
you need to mount the system folder r/w outside of astro before you edit anything. you can use terminal emulator for that but you might as well use adb for everything. atleast then you mave a big screen and a keyboard. you can also buy root explorer which lets you mount folders r/w in the app, it is one of the few apps that are worth it for root users.

Last edited:

ridethelight

Feb 5, 2011
you need to mount the system folder r/w outside of astro before you edit anything. you can use terminal emulator for that but you might as well use adb for everything. atleast then you mave a big screen and a keyboard. you can also buy root explorer which lets you mount folders r/w in the app, it is one of the few apps that are worth it for root users.

Supermanager mounts RW and is free :D

This helped me a lot because no ammount of adb shell commands would get my /system to RW

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Grab the android policy jar from your rom zip and use root explorer to put it in your system/framework folder and over write the old one. You must be careful flashing themes as the roms are very modded and if the theme doesnt have the mods then you will lose functions like the feedback
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone