• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q] Browers closing when watching flash vids with new firmware 2.1.2

Search This thread

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
Since doing the upgrade to the new 2.1.2, i can no longer view flash heavy sites like IGN.com. When i try to watch a video review, the video will play for a while, then the browser closes out on its on. Its not a memory issues as i always have 110mb free before launching my browsers, and i have tried both the market version of flash and the droid X version. This same situation happens with every browser that i have tried so far. This has never happened with the previous firmware upgrade. Anyone else experiencing this issue??

liutszho

Dec 9, 2010
Since doing the upgrade to the new 2.1.2, i can no longer view flash heavy sites like IGN.com. When i try to watch a video review, the video will play for a while, then the browser closes out on its on. Its not a memory issues as i always have 110mb free before launching my browsers, and i have tried both the market version of flash and the droid X version. This same situation happens with every browser that i have tried so far. This has never happened with the previous firmware upgrade. Anyone else experiencing this issue??

Yup, just went over to ign and tried watching a video review, after the commercial of dr. Pepper which played stuttery, it tried to load the video review and then force closed the browser.

And I'm using Droid X version.

ray1234

May 7, 2007
I actually have default browser jumping out to desktop even with the old 2.0.71, this happens whenever there is heavy flash video content. The flash either caused the browser to jump out to desktop or it'll just display a "!" sign after playing the video for a while. I think both are a sign of out of memory.

liutszho

Dec 9, 2010
Yes, I had the same problems with 2.1.2 and since 2.1.3, I can look Flash videos. But one time, the browser closed, too.

Updated to 2.1.3 same problem, browser force close trying to watch ign.com videos, it sees the ad video before tho

Edit: weirdest thing, i overclocked to 1200 and installed auto memory manager, set that to aggressive, and ign video review played, stuttering a bit seldomly with the speaker cracking sound. Then i tried a second ign video and the device crashed.

Last edited:

liutszho

Dec 9, 2010
I uninstalled the Droid version of flash and installed the one from the market, now I can watch ign videos! But it pauses/jerks sometimes lol don't know why.

I had trouble finding it in the market, even with the market fix, which I did many times.

Found this solution in archosfans:

yumms said:
In the applications tab, go to Market > uninstall updates > clear data. Open the market, you'll get the old version, after a few minutes Market will be updated. You should see Flash after the update.

Pete917

Jun 6, 2009
I upgraded to 2.1.4 today and still get the odd web browser shut down when playing flash.

I think its more an issue of the flash not being the right one. Archos still hasnt released its verison of 10.1.

Meantime what versions are you guys using?

Tesla74

Dec 18, 2010
For some reason I couldn't find it in the market either.. I have tried to reapply the market fix several times, but still no go. I found the apk on another site. I have attached. This one really seams to work very well.

Attachments

• Adobe_Flash_Player_10.1.106.16.apk
    4 MB · Views: 1,206

Pete917

Jun 6, 2009
For some reason I couldn't find it in the market either.. I have tried to reapply the market fix several times, but still no go. I found the apk on another site. I have attached. This one really seams to work very well.

Thank ou so much. Very much appreciated.

I have tried the Market fix and according to the youtube video I can find all the hidden apps. Not this one though.

Im gonna give this one a go now.

Thanks again.