• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[Q] Buying HOX now?

EZY-E

Sep 16, 2010
Zagreb
Hello everyone,

I got bored with my xperia z1 compact and now I want phone with sense 4 (possibilities are: one x, one s, sensation).
I red a lot about faulty batteries on hox and that hox+ is little better because better battery, but one x is, to me, one of the most beautiful designed phones ever + there is sense 4 which is THE most beautiful UI to me, and I want that combination :p
Also I found several used hox's with hox+ battery installed and their owners says screen-on time is around 4 hours on kitkat which is totally ok to me, battery life on my z1 compact is around 3.5 hours.
I know One m7 have all these problems corrected but that phone is really a lot uglier to me than hox and I don't want sense's 5 minimalism either.
Is it wise to buy this phone (used)?

Simonas0

Mar 16, 2011
Vilnius
Hello everyone,

I got bored with my xperia z1 compact and now I want phone with sense 4 (possibilities are: one x, one s, sensation).
I red a lot about faulty batteries on hox and that hox+ is little better because better battery, but one x is, to me, one of the most beautiful designed phones ever + there is sense 4 which is THE most beautiful UI to me, and I want that combination :p
Also I found several used hox's with hox+ battery installed and their owners says screen-on time is around 4 hours on kitkat which is totally ok to me, battery life on my z1 compact is around 3.5 hours.
I know One m7 have all these problems corrected but that phone is really a lot uglier to me than hox and I don't want sense's 5 minimalism either.
Is it wise to buy this phone (used)?
I'm using One X almost 3 years (bought it same day as it came to my country) and I'm pretty sure that it's the best choice (both X and X+) if you want Sense 4. I'm still happy having One X and not gonna buy a new one anytime soon :)
The only cons of One X is speakers - they aren't loud (ofc you can install mod to make them louder, but still, not as loud as M7)
Second "bad thing" you can solve easily: overheating and battery life (solve it by undervolting cpu and gpu). When I just bought my One X, i did a video playback test without undervolt and with undervolt (but didn't underclock anything) and tested how much time it can play an 720p video. Results were insane - without undervolt i've got 5h50min and with undervolt 6h20min. Also without undervolt CPU temp was around 50*C, battery temp 30*C, and with undervolt CPU temp jumped down to just 30*C and battery temp was just 25*C (I've been testing in 20*C environment). WHATCHA WAITIN' FOR? Just buy it! :D

Reactions: EZY-E

EZY-E

Sep 16, 2010
Zagreb
Thank you for long answer :D
Speakers are not important to me at all, but sound through earphones are, how is sound on stock earphones and with mods like ones on ViperX rom?
Is sound loud enough and clear enough, I had sensation and sound was really good, I don't want it to be inferior to sensation :)

Reactions: Simonas0

Simonas0

Mar 16, 2011
Vilnius
Thank you for long answer :D
Speakers are not important to me at all, but sound through earphones are, how is sound on stock earphones and with mods like ones on ViperX rom?
Is sound loud enough and clear enough, I had sensation and sound was really good, I don't want it to be inferior to sensation :)
Well, sound through earphones sounds like it must, according to GSM Arena quality must be even better than Sensation's output :)
From GSM Arena:
Frequency response with headphones attached (lower difference is better):
HTC One X: +0.10, -0.10 (0.10+0.10=0.20)
HTC Sensation: +0.71, -0.15 (0.71+0.15=0.86)

0.20 < 0.86, so One X's quality with earphones must be even better ;)

Reactions: EZY-E