[Q] Call recording on the LG G6 H870 and H870ds

Search This thread

bigoliver

Aug 22, 2011
Bridlington
www.ostones.co.uk
I have LG-H870DS model, there is no built-in call recording functionality.

I use Call Recorder - Automatic Call Recorder , the free version gets the job done.
What Android version so you have?
I currently have call recording with my locked, unrooted lg G6, Android 8 and Skvalex call recorder.

I want to confirm that upgrading to Android 9 will still work for call recording?

Many thanks,

Oliver

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Montechristo

Jul 5, 2008
I have Skvalex call recorder and had been scared to upgrade my H870ds.

Can you confirm call recording works without having to unlock the bootloader and root the device?

Thanks in advance,

Oliver

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
I can. My H870ds Pie v.30a without root and unlocked bootloader works with Skvalex.

Reactions: bigoliver

bigoliver

Aug 22, 2011
Bridlington
www.ostones.co.uk
Hello Oliver

I currently have call recording with LG-H870DS Android 9 and" Call Recorder - Automatic Call Recorder"
I forget where I found this app, but i can give you a link to download,you can try this. I hope I can help you
bit.ly/2xfjZVX

Nina

That's very kind, thank you.

I have now updated to Android 9 and my current app "Call Recorder by Skvalex" worked flawlessly, straight away.
I'm loving Android 9 too. I would have updated to Android 9 ages ago, but read call recording was disabled and the only way to enable it again was to root your phone. Obviously that's wrong.

Thanks

SpeeDyLOCO

Aug 14, 2013
I missed your replies but also recently updated to 9 and unfortunately I'm not happy: / Apart from the phone performance issue which has dropped significantly, and some other functionality changes, the recording works Personally, I do not recommend updating to 9 (v30a / V30b)

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone