[Q] camera darkness in hangouts

Search This thread

aewig

Nov 22, 2014
Both my front and rear facing camera are providing horrible experiences in video chats in Hangouts. They look fine through the camera app itself but the video in Hangouts is essentially black unless I shine a light directly on my face.

Anyone else having issues like that?

Reactions: sandep

DualSportDad

Apr 29, 2010
Cape Coral, Fl.
Both my front and rear facing camera are providing horrible experiences in video chats in Hangouts. They look fine through the camera app itself but the video in Hangouts is essentially black unless I shine a light directly on my face.

I'm having the same problem. Really stinks cause I use the asp daily to talk with my son.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

glopez686

Nov 27, 2014
Hangouts only

Yes I though it was just me, I tired skype and it works a lot better seems like a hangouts camera issue

nexus6R3plicant

Oct 15, 2014
It's probably something to do with the new linux kernel because cheese in Ubuntu is doing the same thing as with hangouts

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

jelledge

Jul 21, 2011
I'm really hoping this is fixed soon or I'll have to return my phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Same problems on my Nexus 5 with Lollipop. If I toggle between the front and back cameras a couple times the camera module locks up and dies followed by hangouts itself. This new camera apk has some serious issues.

gduck24

Feb 16, 2011
I'm on a nexus 6 as well with this issue. Not a lot of hits on Google for the issue. No fixed that I've found. I figure it's the camera or hangouts.

aewig

Nov 22, 2014
It looks like this has been fixed (at least in Hangouts) starting with Hangouts 2.5.81587410. Admittedly, I upgraded that and the OS to 5.0.1 at nearly the same time so it could be the OS update as well.

DualSportDad

Apr 29, 2010
Cape Coral, Fl.
It looks like this has been fixed (at least in Hangouts) starting with Hangouts 2.5.81587410. Admittedly, I upgraded that and the OS to 5.0.1 at nearly the same time so it could be the OS update as well.
How did you get that version of hangouts? I'm on 2.4xxxxxxxxx and it says lady updated Dec 10th.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone