[Q] can anyone help with 4.2.2 sideloading error

Search This thread

oniemjan

Feb 16, 2012
I tried sideloading the 'KOTH49 from KRT16S'-update. But i keep having a' framework-res has unexpected conditions' error. I'm on stock 4.4 (KRT16S) with latest Xposed (wich i've disabled and even uninstalled to try and get the update to work). I also uninstalled Ultimate dynamic navbar and gmd gesture control as i tought they might be responsible for this issue.

I'm using Wugfresh to do it but no luck.
Sideloading previous update (KRT16O to KRT16S) worked without any hassle (wasn't yet on Xposed though)

Any toughts on what i can do? I'd rather not flash stock KOTH49 rom and loose al my data

Last edited:

GedBlake

Jan 5, 2013
Ashton-under-Lyne, Manchester, UK
I tried sideloading the 'KOTH49 from KRT16S'-update. But i keep having a' framework-res has unexpected conditions' error. I'm on stock 4.4 (KRT16S) with latest Xposed (wich i've disabled and even uninstalled to try and get the update to work). I also uninstalled Ultimate dynamic navbar and gmd gesture control as i tought they might be responsible for this issue.

Sideloading previous update (KRT16O to KRT16S) worked without any hassle (wasn't yet on Xposed though)

Any toughts on what i can do? I'd rather not flash stock KOTH49 rom and loose al my data

Hi, oniemjan...

Unless you can track down and remove EVERY MODIFICATION that Xposed and "...Ultimate dynamic navbar and gmd gesture control..." have made to your Nexus 7, you have little hope of making the KOTH49 from KRT16S OTA work:(...

...and I suspect that's going to be quite tricky, because it'll probably involve a fair number of system files. I was thinking of having a tinker with Xposed myself recently, but there doesn't seem to be a 'clean' and easy way of removing it. Of course, having no familiarity with it, I could be wrong... it wouldn't be the first time:).

Anyway... OTA's are very fussy about this sort of thing (other than root and a Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM installed), if, during the verification phase of the OTA update procedure, the OTA system files checksums DO NOT MATCH what the OTA expects to find... the OTA cannot subsequently 'patch' (update) those files in the second half of the OTA process. And it will abort, with no changes made:(.

I don't suppose you made a NANDROID backup with either CWM or TWRP prior to you applying those modifications?...

...'cos if you did make such a backup, then a simple NANDROID restore should, theoretically, allow the OTA to proceed without problems.

Creating a NANDROID backup is ALWAYS a good idea, prior to any modifications. Apart from been able to go back to a 'pre-modded' state, for OTA purposes... it's also your 'get-out-of-jail-free' card, in the event of some ROM/Kernel/Mod flash gone wrong, that might leave you 'softbricked', bootlooping, etc., et.al.

However, should you have no choice, but to flash back to factory stock, you can backup all your apps with Titanium (requires root)... and then copy everything on your Nexus 7 over to your PC... and then flash the KOTH49 factory image... and restore everything back again afterwards.

However... be aware that there are known v4.23 bootloader problems with the KOTH49 factory stock image.

For more details, see here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2573015

(If you're already on bootloader v4.23, you can skip the bootloader flash part of the KOT49H full factory image restore).

Good luck.

Rgrds,
Ged.

Reactions: oniemjan

oniemjan

Feb 16, 2012
Unless you can track down and remove EVERY MODIFICATION that Xposed and "...Ultimate dynamic navbar and gmd gesture control..." have made to your Nexus 7, you have little hope of making the KOTH49 from KRT16S OTA work:(...

so, even when the changes Xposed made have dissappeared after uninstalling, it's still not like stock?

I don't suppose you made a NANDROID backup with either CWM or TWRP prior to you applying those modifications?...'cos if you did make such a backup, then a simple NANDROID restore should, theoretically, allow the OTA to proceed without problems. Creating a NANDROID backup is ALWAYS a good idea, prior to any modifications.

I actually did, but i forgot about it :D. So that will be my next step and hope to not need to start again from scratch
thx alot for reminding me and putting me in the right direction...
also thx for the extensive reply and thx for warning me for the bootloader problem...

Fuzzra

Apr 17, 2008
Winchester
Quick note for you - if you either run a batch backup with Titanium or grab a fresh nandroid before you do that you can then grab your app data back so as not to have to restart games with many hours invested, or similar. ;)

Reactions: oniemjan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi, oniemjan...

...and I suspect that's going to be quite tricky, because it'll probably involve a fair number of system files. I was thinking of having a tinker with Xposed myself recently, but there doesn't seem to be a 'clean' and easy way of removing it. Of course, having no familiarity with it, I could be wrong... it wouldn't be the first time:).

Anyway... OTA's are very fussy about this sort of thing (other than root and a Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM installed), if, during the verification phase of the OTA update procedure, the OTA system files checksums DO NOT MATCH what the OTA expects to find... the OTA cannot subsequently 'patch' (update) those files in the second half of the OTA process. And it will abort, with no changes made:(.

I don't suppose you made a NANDROID backup with either CWM or TWRP prior to you applying those modifications?...

...'cos if you did make such a backup, then a simple NANDROID restore should, theoretically, allow the OTA to proceed without problems.

Creating a NANDROID backup is ALWAYS a good idea, prior to any modifications. Apart from been able to go back to a 'pre-modded' state, for OTA purposes... it's also your 'get-out-of-jail-free' card, in the event of some ROM/Kernel/Mod flash gone wrong, that might leave you 'softbricked', bootlooping, etc., et.al.

However, should you have no choice, but to flash back to factory stock, you can backup all your apps with Titanium (requires root)... and then copy everything on your Nexus 7 over to your PC... and then flash the KOTH49 factory image... and restore everything back again afterwards.

However... be aware that there are known v4.23 bootloader problems with the KOTH49 factory stock image.

For more details, see here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2573015

(If you're already on bootloader v4.23, you can skip the bootloader flash part of the KOT49H full factory image restore).

Good luck.

Rgrds,
    Ged.
    Quick note for you - if you either run a batch backup with Titanium or grab a fresh nandroid before you do that you can then grab your app data back so as not to have to restart games with many hours invested, or similar. ;)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone