• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q] Can I change software & hardware keyboard?

Search This thread

nerolubo85

Dec 6, 2010
Hello,
after 5 years my Wizard is died :( so I diceded to buy a new one! :)
I found a very cheap QWERTZ but I need a QWERTY keyboard (as mine is) so, if I buy it, I have to change the registry keys... But what will happen after that? If I'll type "Z" on the keyboard it will write "Y" on the screen?
If yes, do you think I can swap the two hardware keyboards to allign software and hardware?
Thanks

mladenks

May 4, 2009
Hi, i dont know about registry, but if you buy new hardware jeyboard, youll need plastic keyboard that youre tiping on. I have changed inner keynoard but not the plastic im tiping and i have got wrong all. Mine was qwertz but now is qwerty. Greetings from Serbia!!

reix2x

Nov 16, 2010
Puerto Ordaz
Hi, I have changed the keyboard of my wiza (just the plastic keys) from Qwerty to Qwertz, if you want to have QWERTY on your new Wiza, just disarms your old phone and take the Keyboard to the new one, it most work right with an English rom =)

Good Luck!!

Hakim Rahman

Oct 28, 2010
in here
Hello,
after 5 years my Wizard is died :( so I diceded to buy a new one! :)
I found a very cheap QWERTZ but I need a QWERTY keyboard (as mine is) so, if I buy it, I have to change the registry keys... But what will happen after that? If I'll type "Z" on the keyboard it will write "Y" on the screen?
If yes, do you think I can swap the two hardware keyboards to allign software and hardware?
Thanks

this, you try to use AE Button to button on the device mapper....

for more details go to ---> http://ae.inc.ru/aebplus.php

Attachments

• aebplus.zip
    27 KB · Views: 7