[Q] Can I flash efs backup with ODIN?

Search This thread

snow

Oct 14, 2010
www.mozilla.ro
Hi people!
My phone is bricked and I found a backup of my efs (efs.rfs), but I can't flash because I only get crash in ODIN.
What can I do? What's wrong with ODIN?

Best Regards,
Cristian Silaghi

Last edited:

lightstar3103

Mar 14, 2012
Avignon
Have you done a nandroid backup? And also can you access to CWM? If yes try to erase everything.

And for odin do you used download mode? Try to unzip the stock rom and put it correctly in program then use download mode, connect your phone and let's start till it finish.

If everything don't work, go to S.A.V and say you don't know what happen'd to your if your warranty is safe.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium

snow

Oct 14, 2010
www.mozilla.ro
Have you done a nandroid backup? And also can you access to CWM? If yes try to erase everything.

And for odin do you used download mode? Try to unzip the stock rom and put it correctly in program then use download mode, connect your phone and let's start till it finish.

If everything don't work, go to S.A.V and say you don't know what happen'd to your if your warranty is safe.

No, I didn't done a nandroid backup.
It's just flickering when I boot up and when I access CWM.
Yes, I used download mode.

Do I need a special archiving mode for ODIN?

lightstar3103

Mar 14, 2012
Avignon
Go to cwm, wipe everything and then flash a new rom like dreamw or another rom. And then when flash is finish wipe everything again.

snow

Oct 14, 2010
www.mozilla.ro
Go to cwm, wipe everything and then flash a new rom like dreamw or another rom. And then when flash is finish wipe everything again.

I can't access Recovery Mode/CWM. It's flickering the screen. What can I do it's just access Download Mode. There's a chance to make phone work if I flash my original stock firmware (but I can't find on the internet firmware stock from Orange Romania, Froyo version, that version which came with the phone). :(

snow

Oct 14, 2010
www.mozilla.ro
Then flash a stock firmware this is the most simple for save your phone

I repeat: I can't find my original stock firmware from Orange Romania. Nobody leaked it...
I tried some "miraculous" firmwares which worked from some users, but I think that firmwares was the original ones which came with those phones. :(

roofrider

Jul 24, 2011
Bangalore, IN
Contact this user.
U are not clear, if ur phone is bricked nothing can be done.
Of course they are not 100% original firmwares but they work and that is all that is needed.
As u can access download mode just flash a GB stock firmware.

snow

Oct 14, 2010
www.mozilla.ro
Contact this user.
U are not clear, if ur phone is bricked nothing can be done.
Of course they are not 100% original firmwares but they work and that is all that is needed.
As u can access download mode just flash a GB stock firmware.

But if I have access in Download Mode, and nothing else works, what is this? Just a simple flickering?

snow

Oct 14, 2010
www.mozilla.ro
U didn't tell how u got a brick?
Is ur download mode screen flickering?
what error do u get in odin?

I installed "Galaxy Ace Unlock".
The screen is flickering when I start the phone and when I access CWM/Recovery Mode.
Only thing what works is Download Mode (without flickering).
ODIN just crashes (Galaxy Ace Unlock made a backup, but that backup cannot be flashed in ODIN, at least in my case) when I try to flash EFS.

Maybe ODIN doesn't support of flashing EFS backup in GT-S5570... :( Can anybody confirm that I'm wrong? :(

domini99

Jan 9, 2012
Maasbracht
www.goglogo.com
This is a tutorial i helped someone else with:

I think you already got the files, in case not download them again.

--WARNING-- Your phone must be charged to 90% or more, to prevent flash failure.

okay, put your phone in download mode. (power button, home button, and volume down button at same time) connect it to usb, and start odin.

Select ops file,
than select the boot file, named: APBOOT_S5570XXKPI_CL260130_REV02_user_low_true.tar.md5
Select Phone file: MODEM_S5570XXKPI_CL260130_REV02.tar.md5
The PDA file: CODE_S5570XXKPI_CL260130_REV02_user_low_true.tar.md5
and as last the CSC file: CSC_S5570SERKPI_CL260130_REV02_user_low_true.tar.md5

--MAKE SURE THIS IS RIGHT, AND ELSE YOUR PHONE CAN BE FATAL BRICKED!!!--

okay, all good?
right. click start.
wait till your phone reboots,
THEN, remove your usb cable.

and then the last part: Have fun!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Files to download

http://www.mediafire.com/?zx83r9p30zqxd6r
Use a powerfull unzipper like 7-zip or winrar, windows explorer will take ages.[/QUOTE]

Hope it helped you.

Sent from my sending thing...

domcale

May 27, 2012
/efs backup can help you only when your IMEI gets corrupted and you don't have gsm network. That means you can boot Android, but you will have problems with baseband.
You have another type of problem, right now efs can't help you, you must boot into system first.

snow

Oct 14, 2010
www.mozilla.ro
domini99, tried already to do that. Without success

---

domcale, the app "Galaxy Ace Unlock" made a backup of /dev/block/stl5 (called "stl5.rfs") which I found on memory card.
If I can't boot up in system/CWM/Recovery and I can enter in Download Mode, what this means? :(

domcale

May 27, 2012
Can't enter recovery? Dunno why you can't, but if you can enter download mode, then you can flash stock rom using Odin