[Q] can someone provide me a guide how to unlock bootloader. i got some problem here

Search This thread

I'm-Swiftie1989

Oct 20, 2014
i tried to do it my self. follow an instruction from a official website and other

https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader/
https://www.getdroidtips.com/how-to...-plus-i3213-i4213-i4293-i3223/#Pre-Requisites

which i got stuck at, when i boot into bootloader mode . the phone seem to restart and appear only black screen with blue indicator.
then i tried to check if it still connect to adb or not, with {adb devices} its not listed there

PS.
-the drivers work fine
-my Xperia 10 plus model is I4293

I'm-Swiftie1989

Oct 20, 2014
The LED is all you get. The screen stays black for fastboot and flash modes. Not sure why adb devices isn't working.

one thing weird

i using a Xperia Tool (Xperia Companion) and it display the text that my phone need to unlock the screen or allow to use data tranfer

which i already check a USB debugging to be on, and every time i connect it to my PC, it still ask me a permission to be allow or not

maybe this is a problem here ?

Haxk20

Aug 18, 2015
It cant be listed in ADB if the android isnt running.
Blue LED means fastboot mode. So to check if the device is in that mode you do "fastboot devices".
Once the LED is blue you can unlock the bootloader with the command "fastboot oem unlock 0x<insert your unlock code>".

Last edited:
Reactions: kanzy

ZimpleThing

Aug 31, 2018
Samut Songkhram
Blue LED means fastboot mode. So to check if the device is in that mode you do "fastboot devices".
Once the LED is blue you can unlock the bootloader with the command "fastboot oem unlock 0x<insert your unlock code>".

When I pressed to volume up button and plug the cable in, led turned red>blue>off. I tried releasing the button at a different colour, but my phone still did not go into fastboot mode. Did I do something wrong?

Haxk20

Aug 18, 2015
When I pressed to volume up button and plug the cable in, led turned red>blue>off. I tried releasing the button at a different colour, but my phone still did not go into fastboot mode. Did I do something wrong?
I guess you are using windows. This is issue on windows when you don't install adb drivers. There should be tutorial on Sony site how to install them.

ZimpleThing

Aug 31, 2018
Samut Songkhram
I guess you are using windows. This is issue on windows when you don't install adb drivers. There should be tutorial on Sony site how to install them.

Yes, I am using Windows 10, but let me clarify my understanding first.

From what you said, I need to manually install the ADB driver by Device Manager > Portable Devices > Xperia 10 Plus > Browse my com... And that driver, I should get it from Sony site, but I only see Xperia 1, 5 and 8, not 10 nor 10 Plus.

However, I could see my phone by using command adb devices through minimal ADB and Fastboot. Does this imply that the driver is installed already?

Haxk20

Aug 18, 2015

From what you said, I need to manually install the ADB driver by Device Manager > Portable Devices > Xperia 10 Plus > Browse my com... And that driver, I should get it from Sony site, but I only see Xperia 1, 5 and 8, not 10 nor 10 Plus.

However, I could see my phone by using command adb devices through minimal ADB and Fastboot. Does this imply that the driver is installed already?
Adb and fastboot are not the same thing so you have to get fastboot driver.
I have no clue where this driver is as I use Linux only which includes the driver by default.

Reactions: ZimpleThing

ZimpleThing

Aug 31, 2018
Samut Songkhram
I have no clue where this driver is as I use Linux only which includes the driver by default.

I see. There is a fastboot driver on Sony site, but it was uploaded since 2014. I successfully installed it, but still nothing seems to work. I will try on Ubuntu later. Thanks for your help.

memphis77

Nov 3, 2012
cologne
I know its been a long time but maybe someone can help me.
I can get into the bootloader but when I trie to use the unlock code, mentioned above, and the sony unlock key it always says waiting for device but nothing happens. Any clue?
Edit fixed the Problem

Last edited:

travy

Apr 1, 2011
rockville
Xperia 10 plus stuck on waiting for device

I just manage to correctly installed driver, my phone is now rooted, and everything is working fine now.

Hi can you please tell me did you end up getting to work on windows 10 or have to VM ubuntu. I try everything reboot to bootloader and try to fastboot unlock. But get waiting on device. How do you fix this issue please and thanks any help be great.

ZimpleThing

Aug 31, 2018
Samut Songkhram
Hi can you please tell me did you end up getting to work on windows 10 or have to VM ubuntu. I try everything reboot to bootloader and try to fastboot unlock. But get waiting on device. How do you fix this issue please and thanks any help be great.

I was using windows 10. From what I can remember, my problem is that I didn't install driver correctly (I'm not sure which one). I am not really sure if this fastboot driver the one I used. I saw my device in Device Manager, but I got waiting on device... just like you. So what I have done was locate my device in Device Manager and install the sony driver over that device. If sony's driver was not the correct one, then it was another driver that I can't remember, but the instruction still the same. Sorry for an unclear message, but I can barely remember anything now.

diw4k

Apr 8, 2013

Go in Windows Device Manager and check the device . If needed install drivers manually

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I see. There is a fastboot driver on Sony site, but it was uploaded since 2014. I successfully installed it, but still nothing seems to work. I will try on Ubuntu later. Thanks for your help.
    There is a thanks button. Hit it instead of saying it.
    There is a thanks button. Hit it instead of saying it.

I just manage to correctly installed driver, my phone is now rooted, and everything is working fine now.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone