[Q] Can't download bt notification.apk for u8 smartwatch

Search This thread

djrman75

Jun 30, 2014
I recently purchased a u8 smartwatch. I have a iphone 5. The problem I'm having is that I can't download the bt notification.apk
In instructions, it states to go ://211.144.196.251
Username: 123456
Password: 123456

However, when I attempt to go to that address, I keep getting the message (don't have permission). I can't get to the page to download the bt notification.apk. Does anyone know where I can download it so I can use the watch? Or a solution? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again.

Svnjn

May 2, 2011
I recently purchased a u8 smartwatch. I have a iphone 5. The problem I'm having is that I can't download the bt notification.apk
In instructions, it states to go ://211.144.196.251
Username: 123456
Password: 123456

However, when I attempt to go to that address, I keep getting the message (don't have permission). I can't get to the page to download the bt notification.apk. Does anyone know where I can download it so I can use the watch? Or a solution? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again.

Hi, I put the APK on MEGA for you :)

Have fun with it!

https://mega.co.nz/#!FgwB2KJC!xCdt7QEhAiAbZsRz2ATa5POzO8NQO89xpj3_Cj2zdpM

nickavro

Aug 18, 2014
U8 messaging

hey!
With my U8 smart watch, every time i try opening the messaging folder (on the U8) it says "unfinished".
would anyone be able to help me?

Frank26

Sep 5, 2014
U8 smartwatch

Im in the same boat. Also some of my apps work with it and some don't. I also can't block any of the apps even when i press the block button.

Just reiceved my U8 smartwatch. Problem is, it will not pair with bluetooth to my android smartphone or phablet. The same code appears on both devices but will connect. Who has the same problem and a solution for this?
Best regards.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Im in the same boat. Also some of my apps work with it and some don't. I also can't block any of the apps even when i press the block button.
In my last quote must read; will not connect!

Ewdekler

Sep 10, 2014
Bluetooth pairing smartwatch ti Iphone 5S

Just reiceved my U8 smartwatch. Problem is, it will not pair with bluetooth to my android smartphone or phablet. The same code appears on both devices but will connect. Who has the same problem and a solution for this?
Best regards.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

I had the same problem and after a reset (small hole in bottom of watch with paperclip) paring went fine.
Best regards, Emile

Elegyjay

Sep 28, 2014
Uwatch download

In the original message, you forgot to say the ftp part when they said to go to, it is very important. After that, it will prompt for the user ID and password. THEN you have to click on the version of the watch you have and on the file with the extension .apk and allow the download. Then, one last step, to install it, use the File Manager app to locate it in the Download folder and click on that - this should allow you to start an installer. You may have to change the settings to allow installing from a source other than Google Play. My LG Android re-initialized and I had to re-install the notifier.

Reactions: Gina Jeanette

TNSMANI

Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Jan 8, 2014
Chennai
OnePlus 9 Pro
i have a Nexus 4 with stock Kitkat 4.4.4. I have installed the apk. All functions work except camera.
When I click the camera icon on the watch, my camera opens on the phone. But when I click the watch for a photo, though a shutter release sound is heard in the watch and the photo is displayed in the watch, my phone says, "Sorry, apk exception, will exit" and closes. The photo is nowhere found on the phone. The photo is not saved on the watch also.
After this the watch displays a message asking me to install the btnotifier in the phone. And subsequent to this, the music, camera and messages all display the same message. Before accessing the camera, all of them were working.
What am I doing wrong? Do I have to disable the options (phone audio and media audio) in bluetooth in the phone?
Anyone face this issue?

flybot1050

Jul 31, 2012
Dublin
I have the same issue, with a Samsung S5, except it just randomly disconnects from Bluetooth and i get the error "Sorry, apk exception, will exit" i then need to reconnect for btnotifier to start again , kinda annoying and defeats the fact of having the watch in the 1st place,

Anybody have any ideas what might be causing the issue?

Thanks in advance :) :good:

Last edited:

scottc25

Nov 1, 2014
u8 smart watch connection failer

Best regards.

hi i had the same issue but after pressing buttons on phone and watch found that if you press the menu button on the watch after you have clicked OK on the phone when pairing number comes up it pairs. hope this helps.

Pyrosfx

Dec 27, 2014
I had real trouble with getting this to work under Lollipop on a Nexus 4, tried several versions og BTNotification etc.

In the end I've used the version at bit.ly/1xs6yoKIts a Pro version , it installs Smartwatch, It now actually dials out, captures pictures to watch... and controls music.. It gives a choice of front and rear camera , but both options use the rear camaera. In my case Google Music needs to have been opened , before the music option operates. But it does better than any other version I've found. The annoying install BTNotification response has disappeared.

It dialed out , but I had to use the phone to end call. Still not perfect but it functions.

spralexx

Nov 10, 2013
lolipop working app

i found this "com.galapad.btnotification" app working for me with my U8 and lolipop 5.0.1 on nexus 5.
working: camara, music, notifications.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    for lollipop users

for those trying to use the watch with lollipop, i found this app and its the only one working until now :)
    go to play store and search for smartwatchbt4.0
    Anyone found a software which works on Android M 6.0?
    I have tried around 25 apps from playstore and other forums. None of them works, all of them throws errors - in typical Chinese English!
    "Sorry, apk exception"
    "Smart watch no connect"
    "Install BT Notifier"

I am fed up...

I got my eBay special u8 smart watch just before new year's and intended to wear it at work (I'm a mechanic by day so didn't want an expensive watch to ruin) anyway, I have (until tonight) been unable to access my messages etc only have I been able to make and receive calls on my watch. I was getting errors like
    "Sorry, apk exception"
    "Smart watch no connect"
    "Install BT Notifier"

The only process I could do was to go through and test every app produced by developer rwatch individually. This meant hours of installing, testing connection then uninstalling when it didn't work. I now however have found one that works 100% with no error so far *touches wood*

Link to app store is blocked because I'm a new user so you'll need to search it yourself unfortunately.

App is called "Craig Smartwatch"

Hopefully you can find it because admin restrictions on new accounts won't even let me post a picture let along a useful download link until I have successfully made several helpful posts............ catch 22, can't help people properly wiithout sharing the link but can't share the link without helping people first........ morons

Successfully working with u8 smart watch (eBay) and HTC One m8 with Android 6.12.980.5 cl663331 and kernel version 3.40-perf-g708019fand@AABM #1 SMP PREEMPT with HTC sense version 7.0

I sincerely hope this helps you all as it literally took me several hours to test countless apps out, the stress of which has not been helped by the new account limitations preventing me from posting the actual link to the app so everyone with this issue can finally solve it.......

Instructions
    Turn your Bluetooth off on your phone (best if your watch is already paired)

Download and install app as per link above

Give it details to register for login (this is for the fitness tracking side of things. I am confident my details are still on my phone, it is just to create an account and keep track of your fitness goals etc.)

Choose what apps to sync notifications from.

Turn Bluetooth back on and connect watch on Bluetooth

Your watch should notify you when it's connected and you will start to receive notifications on your watch from your approved apps.

One thing that does disappoint me about this watch is the inability to reply to text messages from the watch, you can however read texts and then call the sender from the watch so that's OK I guess.

Hope this little guide helps. Admin please feel free to move or duplicate this post anywhere it is needed by members. I'll be happy to provide the link to admin so they can post it on my behalf of someone wants to contact me via pm (unless of course sending pm is also a blocked function for new member in which case all this time posting this guide will be a complete waste)

Cheers
    Pat :laugh:
    Uwatch download

In the original message, you forgot to say the ftp part when they said to go to, it is very important. After that, it will prompt for the user ID and password. THEN you have to click on the version of the watch you have and on the file with the extension .apk and allow the download. Then, one last step, to install it, use the File Manager app to locate it in the Download folder and click on that - this should allow you to start an installer. You may have to change the settings to allow installing from a source other than Google Play. My LG Android re-initialized and I had to re-install the notifier.
    That btnotification is crap. I have switched over to Smartwatch by rwatch. It is available in Playstore. It is very smooth and has no issues.
    Try this.
    try Smartwear guys. work on cm12 redmi 1s
    search on PS smartwear by galapad tech V14.12.17