[Q] Can't get ADB with Jellybro (CM10.2)

Search This thread

dotvezz

Apr 17, 2011
Haymarket, VA
So here's a curious issue I'm having today. I flashed Euroskank's latest Jellybro build, based on CM10.2. Clearly, I expected issues. However, I'm having the most curious problem connecting over ADB now!

Overview of my setup:
  • Updated Platform Tools (ADB Version is strangely the same as it was before though: 1.0.31)
  • Enabled Developer Settings and ADB on Device

Code:
~ $ adb devices
List of devices attached 
00310d2453155029	unauthorized
This isn't surprising. Factory settings and all. But I seem to remember previously, the authorization dialog popped up on my phone at this step. Not today.

Code:
~ $ adb shell
error: device unauthorized. Please check the confirmation dialog on your device.
This is the obvious result on that side. However, the confirmation dialog is not present at all on the device.

Anyone else have issues authorizing a computer for ADB? If you're working fine, any tips?

dotvezz

Apr 17, 2011
Haymarket, VA
Do you have the USB rules for Mako set up?

I apologize, but may I ask you to be more verbose? Thanks for the reply, by the way.

EDIT: I should mention that I had no problems using ADB immediately before flashing the new rom. Indeed, I used ADB Pull to pull my nandroid backups onto my computer (then sadly, removed them from the device).

Last edited:

CMNein

Apr 23, 2012
Calgary
No worries; on Ubuntu I add the follow to /etc/udev/rules.d/99-android.rules

Code:
# Google Nexus 4 16 Gb
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4ee1", MODE="0666", OWNER="your-login" # MTP media (multimedia device)
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4ee2", MODE="0666", OWNER="your-login" # MTP media with USB debug on(multimedia device)
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4ee5", MODE="0666", OWNER="your-login" # PTP media (camera)
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4ee6", MODE="0666", OWNER="your-login" # PTP media with USB debug on (camera)
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4ee0", MODE="0666", OWNER="your-login" # Bootloader
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="d001", MODE="0666", OWNER="your-login" # Recovery

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

I apologize, but may I ask you to be more verbose? Thanks for the reply, by the way.

EDIT: I should mention that I had no problems using ADB immediately before flashing the new rom. Indeed, I used ADB Pull to pull my nandroid backups onto my computer (then sadly, removed them from the device).

Hmmm....I'm on CM10.2 (my own compile, not Skank however). No issues with ADB on the windows side, I'll try from the Linux side later.

Reactions: dotvezz

dotvezz

Apr 17, 2011
Haymarket, VA

[...]

Hmmm....I'm on CM10.2 (my own compile, not Skank however). No issues with ADB on the windows side, I'll try from the Linux side later.

I did not have any udev rules set up for the device before, but I did copy your sample and it unfortunately did not work. No change from before.

sam_htc_touch

Feb 17, 2008

Apologies..But I am also having the same issue with ADB ..i.e. getting an error message even after updating Android SDK on my Windows 7 Laptop
List of devices followed by serial number and unauthorized.

Sometimes, my phone also gives an error message : System UI has stopped. Been struggling from the last 3 days with this. I am on 4.2.2 (MoDaCo Custom ROM) and tried to flash the OTA for 4.3 that came a few days back in UK. But was unable to flash the same as the phone gave an error message while trying to install. Hence, thought of using efrant's guide..

Any pointers would be appreciated..Else I was thinking that probably taking a backup through Titanium and reflashing stock might be the best bet?

CMNein

Apr 23, 2012
Calgary
Apologies..But I am also having the same issue with ADB ..i.e. getting an error message even after updating Android SDK on my Windows 7 Laptop

Sometimes, my phone also gives an error message : System UI has stopped. Been struggling from the last 3 days with this. I am on 4.2.2 (MoDaCo Custom ROM) and tried to flash the OTA for 4.3 that came a few days back in UK. But was unable to flash the same as the phone gave an error message while trying to install. Hence, thought of using efrant's guide..

Any pointers would be appreciated..Else I was thinking that probably taking a backup through Titanium and reflashing stock might be the best bet?

No issues for me on any of my Windows machines, kind of forgot to test it on Linux :eek:

sam_htc_touch

Feb 17, 2008

Update : Issue Resolved

Seems like this was an issue with ROM..I was on Jr 8 of MoDaCo 4.2.2, upgraded to Jr11 4.2.2 and am able to use ADB again now. It prompts me with that confirmation dialogue on both Unix and Windows :):good:

zimmy28

Feb 28, 2012
Code:
~ $ adb shell
error: device unauthorized. Please check the confirmation dialog on your device.
This is the obvious result on that side. However, the confirmation dialog is not present at all on the device.

I am experiencing the same thing on my stock rom/rooted Nexus 7 running 4.3...wtf happened to this all of a sudden? It will NOT re-authorize for the life of me. I have tried all sorts of things and it will not prompt me on the device to authorize. I basically am left with a choice to return to 4.2.2 and redo my ADB authorization and then update back to 4.3 or what? Aggravating!!!!!

J3FFTXD

Aug 1, 2012
I am experiencing the same thing on my stock rom/rooted Nexus 7 running 4.3...wtf happened to this all of a sudden? It will NOT re-authorize for the life of me. I have tried all sorts of things and it will not prompt me on the device to authorize. I basically am left with a choice to return to 4.2.2 and redo my ADB authorization and then update back to 4.3 or what? Aggravating!!!!!

Did you go into developer options and force it to deauthorize usb debugging? That worked for me.

zimmy28

Feb 28, 2012
Yes, but I already fixed it on my own by rebuilding the adb_keys file on the device by appending to that from the key files from my PC that is hooked up to it. It still will not prompt for authorization prior to that even if I did as you said. I don't get it. Something broke somewhere after I updated to 4.3 from 4.2.2. I think I should maybe start 4.3 from scratch and root from there and give that a try. Thanks anyways for the suggestion!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

blashk

Oct 20, 2013
Fujisawa
Did you check your Android SDK Manager?

After upgrading to Android 4.2.2, I saw the same message.
I solved this issue installing packages like
  • SDK Platform API 17 Rev. 2
  • Google APIs API 17 Rev. 1
under Android 4.2.2 (API 17) using Android SDK Manager.

Galaxy Nexus Android 4.2.2 + Windows 7 32bit

Thanks and regards,
Dong Kyu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Did you go into developer options and force it to deauthorize usb debugging? That worked for me.

Code:
    # Google Nexus 4 16 Gb
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4ee1", MODE="0666", OWNER="your-login" # MTP media (multimedia device)
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4ee2", MODE="0666", OWNER="your-login" # MTP media with USB debug on(multimedia device)
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4ee5", MODE="0666", OWNER="your-login" # PTP media (camera)
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4ee6", MODE="0666", OWNER="your-login" # PTP media with USB debug on (camera)
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4ee0", MODE="0666", OWNER="your-login" # Bootloader
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="d001", MODE="0666", OWNER="your-login" # Recovery

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

bam!!! worked perfect lol was wondering why i was feeling like my iq was slipping and this made perfect sense

Nice! Glad I could help.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone