[Q] Cant install custom boot animation?

Search This thread

dav08094194

Dec 22, 2010
Chichester
Im trying to install the custom boot animation found here called "call of android"

Im trying to install it on my desire z on virtuous unity 1.31.0 and its coming up with the following;

-- installing: /sdcard/virtous unity rom/CoD-Bootanimation-W-sound.zip
Finding update package...
opening update package...
installing update...
amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.
amend scripting was deprecated by google in android 1.5.
it was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the clockworkmod 3.0 gingerbread based recovery.
please switch to edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.
installation aborted.

No idea's what this means as ive installed zip all the time and had no problems?

nonione

Aug 10, 2009
S.S.
you need to rename the file to bootanimation.zip and using root explorer (or any similar file manager) u need to copy and replace it to:

/system/customize/resource

now reboot and enjoy ;)

dav08094194

Dec 22, 2010
Chichester
you need to rename the file to bootanimation.zip and using root explorer (or any similar file manager) u need to copy and replace it to:

/system/customize/resource

now reboot and enjoy ;)
Didnt work :) ive renamed it to bootanimation.zip and when i go to paste it in the recourse folder it comes up with bootanimation is read only so ive set the permissions on the file im coping to read and write but i cant do the same with the file its replacing? and it wont let me rename it or delete it either?

xsteven77x

Jul 2, 2010
Pittsburgh
Didnt work :) ive renamed it to bootanimation.zip and when i go to paste it in the recourse folder it comes up with bootanimation is read only so ive set the permissions on the file im coping to read and write but i cant do the same with the file its replacing? and it wont let me rename it or delete it either?

Only works sometimes when putting into system folder. Will work EVERYTIME if you put the bootanimation.zip file in data/local/ :) Also you are extracting the bootanimation.zip out of whatever file it is you were using to try to flash in recovery i hope?

dav08094194

Dec 22, 2010
Chichester
Only works sometimes when putting into system folder. Will work EVERYTIME if you put the bootanimation.zip file in data/local/ :) Also you are extracting the bootanimation.zip out of whatever file it is you were using to try to flash in recovery i hope?

Ive tried that too and it doesnt work either it comes up with the same problem? Ive tried to install the zip in cwm the way i downloaded it?

jaydog69

Jul 3, 2011
Manteca
first locate the directory your bootanimation.zip is in then you can use root explorer and after renaming the custom one to bootanimation.zip cut and paste it to the location this worked for me as well as using an application called absolute system which you can download custom boot and fonts and it installs them in the right locations after you set those locations up in its setup (with virtuous unity the absolute system app worked every time just use the evo4g set up)

Last edited:
cant get this working either,change permissions have the custom animation in the right location and reboot ....... no change
What gives??????

*EDIT* Been using a bootanimation from UOT Kitchen which seems to be compressed, unpack the files then using WinRAR change the compression method to STORE repack as a zip copy to /system/customize change permission,reboot and hay presto new boot animation working.

Last edited:

flyriver

May 22, 2012
This is not working

cant get this working either,change permissions have the custom animation in the right location and reboot ....... no change
What gives??????

*EDIT* Been using a bootanimation from UOT Kitchen which seems to be compressed, unpack the files then using WinRAR change the compression method to STORE repack as a zip copy to /system/customize change permission,reboot and hay presto new boot animation working.

I tried, it is not working, seems that the rom have some restriction on that.

tlhIngan

Mar 15, 2017
www.francescopisani.ca
Ive tried that too and it doesnt work either it comes up with the same problem? Ive tried to install the zip in cwm the way i downloaded it?

• Some ROMs disable boot animations
  • Different ROMs store boot animations in different locations
  • Different phones have different screen sizes, the boot animation needs to be made for your exact screen size (wrong size may work, but not always).)