[Q] Can't root xperia neo

Search This thread

khaykeroth

Jul 5, 2012
i tried to root my xperia neo with latest zerg rush but i can't. Screen shoot shows what zergrush says. can some 1 help?

Attachments

• zergrush.jpg
    zergrush.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 144

Jass5991

Oct 15, 2011
Dude, check here. Did you prepare your phone with everything? How about you check to see if your phone has BusyBox or Superuser installed. If it does, it is rooted.

inderpalsingh

Jul 9, 2012
gurgaon
i tried to root my xperia neo with latest zerg rush but i can't. Screen shoot shows what zergrush says. can some 1 help?
you cant root with this baseband and android 2.3 one way is to first unlock bootloader and then try or other method is to flash nightelf kernel for 2.3 by flashtool then you be getting cwm then you can download the rootxperia.zip and put it in your sd card and go in cwm and install it thats the only way of getting it rooted with locked bootloader ;)

dont forget to press the thanks button:fingers-crossed:

Reactions: khaykeroth

Madfysh

Sep 22, 2011
Baseband has absolutely nothing to do with root process. :)

And stop begging for thanks!

EDIT: and your second way is related with first way. You can't flash custom kernel without unlocking bl, and only unlocking bl won't make it rootable itself. :)

Last edited:

sdato001

Feb 22, 2012
Use flashtool and flash .42 firmware, then root and then OTA update to .62.

Look in the forum, there are different threats about how to root the different firmware versions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you cant root with this baseband and android 2.3 one way is to first unlock bootloader and then try or other method is to flash nightelf kernel for 2.3 by flashtool then you be getting cwm then you can download the rootxperia.zip and put it in your sd card and go in cwm and install it thats the only way of getting it rooted with locked bootloader ;)

dont forget to press the thanks button:fingers-crossed:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone