• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Can't use non-GO Widgets on Go Launcher EX - Kindle Fire HD 7"

Search This thread

haraop

Jan 3, 2013
For some reason, every time I click on the "Widget" button on Menu - Add - Widget, it just says "Loading" and nothing appears. I've tried on Go Launcher HD too but nothing works. I wanted to use a Duolingo app widget because is the only way to use it and maybe add a evernote widget but I can't use it either. Any ideas?

evildread

Nov 26, 2012
I had the same issue, I found a topic on here which gave insight on fixing it, but can't find it because I'm 200 miles away from my computer. But if I remember correctly I think you need Appwidgetpicker in your system folder. I would do a bit of searching just to confirm, though.

Sorry I can't be more helpful

EDIT: Found it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=780828

Just download the apk, follow the instructions for "installation".

Once you've done all that, just hit the Add > Widget option in GO Launcher and the widget screen should display

Sent from my KF-HD7

Last edited:
Reactions: SFDave and haraop

DirtyDobbs

Dec 28, 2012
Worked as a charm. Thank you so much.

Sent from my KFTT using xda premium

Can you explain what you did to get this to work? I tried both 2.0 and 1.2.3 and still can't get them to work. I followed every instruction but when I click on widget is still says loading then I get nothing. Also what do you have the Permissions set to on the file that you got to work. To be honest I can't figure out why this won't work for me.

haraop

Jan 3, 2013
Can you explain what you did to get this to work? I tried both 2.0 and 1.2.3 and still can't get them to work. I followed every instruction but when I click on widget is still says loading then I get nothing. Also what do you have the Permissions set to on the file that you got to work. To be honest I can't figure out why this won't work for me.

I have rw- r-- r-- on properties. Check that you changed the name file so it doesn't have any number on the apk's name.

Last edited:

DirtyDobbs

Dec 28, 2012
I have rw- r-- r-- on properties. Check that you changed the name file so it doesn't have any number on the apk's name.

Tried this and it's still not working for me...I think the problem I'm having is that I accidentally installed it...if that's the case how do I uninstall it? Do I just delete and reboot and it's unstalled or is there another way to erase all traces of the the .apk?

Never mind I had to delete it reboot/reinstall reboot and it works now, thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had the same issue, I found a topic on here which gave insight on fixing it, but can't find it because I'm 200 miles away from my computer. But if I remember correctly I think you need Appwidgetpicker in your system folder. I would do a bit of searching just to confirm, though.

Sorry I can't be more helpful

EDIT: Found it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=780828

Just download the apk, follow the instructions for "installation".

Once you've done all that, just hit the Add > Widget option in GO Launcher and the widget screen should display

Sent from my KF-HD7