[Q] Car Dock / Bluetooth Media Volume lock / Dock spoofing?

Search This thread

Mangraa

May 13, 2010
I'm running Froyo/CM6, by the way.

In short, anytime the phone is put into the car dock, the bluetooth media volume is set to max. If I have it connected and playing as I insert it, it's fine unttil the next track plays. I have even deleted the actual car home launcher app from the phone, although the phone still detects it has been inserted into the car dock (icon in notification.) Even selecting this icon and exiting car mode still leaves me with the same issue - volume on BT audio constantly being reset to max.

This does NOT happen on the desk dock, that works flawlessly.

Is there a way to somehow keep the phone from detecting being inserted into the car dock? Or somehow "spoofing" the dock so it thinks it's a desk dock? I haven't looked into the pins on the two docks, since I think there are 4 contacts on the phone, and only 3 pins on each dock.. so maybe one triggers normal and one triggers desk? Will get back to you all on this. But in the meantime ... help!

Thanks in advance!

Mangraa

May 13, 2010
Just checked, same number of pins. Although something occured to me which I will test in a bit ... perhaps there's a magnet in the base of the desk dock, which is how it knows which is which ... ?

Mangraa

May 13, 2010
***PROBLEM (sort of) SOLVED!!!***

No magnets involved, but when looking at the car dock, if you cover the second / middle pin with something non-conductive so the contacts on the phone don't touch that single pin when it's inserted, the phone still charges but does NOT know it's in the car dock, therefore it doesn't go all goofy with the audio volumes.

Downside is that it doesn't automatically open up whatever Car Home app you may want, but at the cost of one whole extra click .. ? Fine by me.

Photo to illustrate, maybe this will help someone sometime.

Attachments

• IMG_20100919_152621.jpg
    IMG_20100919_152621.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 102

dmsr66

May 10, 2007
Just my 2 cents :
You can try an app such as "tasker" to modify your N1 behaviour when it detects it's inserted into the car dock, and set up the volume you need.

rickytenzer

Sep 10, 2009
Just my 2 cents :
You can try an app such as "tasker" to modify your N1 behaviour when it detects it's inserted into the car dock, and set up the volume you need.
Sorry for the bump here, but I'm having the exact same issue and for some reason changing the media volume does NOTHING for me. At any level it's full blast aside from 0 where it mutes.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone