• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q] Change Blackphone ROM

Search This thread

hikmatrusiwa

Feb 12, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Recently a friend of mine gave me a Blackphone as a gift.

I realised that in order to fully use this phone i have to subscribe for security apps to vendor. Meanwhile i only use this phone for SMS, voice, games, internet, social media, etc just like my other android 'stock' phone.

If there are anyone who has successfully change the rom of this phone, please shared. I want to change the rom to stock android, CM, or other ROM if possible.

Thanks,
Hikmat.

d00lz

Feb 4, 2015
207.244.72.9:80
Hi Everyone,

Recently a friend of mine gave me a Blackphone as a gift.

I realised that in order to fully use this phone i have to subscribe for security apps to vendor. Meanwhile i only use this phone for SMS, voice, games, internet, social media, etc just like my other android 'stock' phone.

If there are anyone who has successfully change the rom of this phone, please shared. I want to change the rom to stock android, CM, or other ROM if possible.

Thanks,
Hikmat.

IIRC, Blackphone can gain root but even then it will almost be unusable as your daily driver. Consider selling your Blackphone and getting another Android Phone with a large community here on XDA. If security is an issue for you consider checking out Guardian ROM.