• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q] Charging Paused can't do anything

Search This thread

dubzga

May 25, 2012
Hey guys...yes this is my first post. I've been searching for about 12 hours and reached my wit's end so I ask for your help

I've got an S2 Skyrocket running unrooted 4.0.4. It's run fine for almost a month with no problem other than terrible battery life.

Starting yesterday, with 2 different batteries and 3 different chargers, i get an error telling me "Charging paused. Battery temperature too hot". Its not even warm and it will not charge. Now both of my batteries are dead and I cant get the device to even go into download mode or anything.

I had a 100% charge on the phone yesterday and turned it off. When i turned it back on (or tried to) it was totally dead.

i'm on the verge of smashing this thing into the ground. Please help!

dubzga

May 25, 2012
Thank you so much for the quick reply. Almost rhetorically I'm assuming there's no way to externally charge the battery without an external charger. Correct?

dubzga

May 25, 2012
**Update - I've borrowed a battery from a friend with a Nexus. Device powers up, was able to revert back to stock 2.3.5 but still same issue with all 3 batteries and different chargers...Charging paused due to battery being to hot or too cold. Trading in for a new Skyrocket at ATT service center tonight under warranty....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Charge the battery on external. Then Odin stock

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2