• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

(Q) cleaning wiping phone - best effective method

Search This thread

rraaka

Sep 8, 2010
hey guys,

which is the best method to clean your phone before flashing a new rom, or maybe bringing your phone to the state it was just after flashing a new rom. i tried data factory reset, wipe cache , wipe dalvik with kernels we have here and i found remainents of zip files i had flashed after setting up my rom and using newer mods. i dont want to format system, preload all the time.
which is your perfect, effective method ? speedmod kernel and its recovery or phillz , then which version ?
thanks

djoni_gitara

Apr 9, 2012
Slavonski Brod - Zagreb
youtu.be
hey guys,

which is the best method to clean your phone before flashing a new rom, or maybe bringing your phone to the state it was just after flashing a new rom. i tried data factory reset, wipe cache , wipe dalvik with kernels we have here and i found remainents of zip files i had flashed after setting up my rom and using newer mods. i dont want to format system, preload all the time.
which is your perfect, effective method ? speedmod kernel and its recovery or phillz , then which version ?
thanks

why you dont want format system and preload before flashing rom?

what I do before flashing any rom is:
flash philz kernel
wipe data / cache / dalvkk cache
format / cache / system / data / preload
and then flash new rom

and thats it, with this procedure I have never faced any issue with any rom I have flashed.
usualy I use this method even befoe restoring my nandroid backup.

above methods I using with philz and speedmod, but i prefer philz when wiping and flashing and making backup, because it has nice cwm for doing that. but after I flash new rom I immediatly flash speedmod because it is the better than philz if you drive your new rom, and you are not in cwm at the moment :D

hope this helped

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: rraaka

rraaka

Sep 8, 2010
completely agree with you djoni, but when you are flashing continuously, experimenting a lot ...you know ...this and that,

isnt a data factory reset , wipe cache, wipe dalvik supposed to bring you to that condition just after booting up after a new rom flash ? why were there remanents from a mod i had flashed after using the rom for some time ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey guys,

thanks

why you dont want format system and preload before flashing rom?

what I do before flashing any rom is:
    flash philz kernel
    wipe data / cache / dalvkk cache
    format / cache / system / data / preload
    and then flash new rom

and thats it, with this procedure I have never faced any issue with any rom I have flashed.
    usualy I use this method even befoe restoring my nandroid backup.

above methods I using with philz and speedmod, but i prefer philz when wiping and flashing and making backup, because it has nice cwm for doing that. but after I flash new rom I immediatly flash speedmod because it is the better than philz if you drive your new rom, and you are not in cwm at the moment :D

hope this helped

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app