• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q] Clockwork Mod Recovery Issue when backing up sd-ext

Search This thread

crazylilazn

Mar 23, 2010
So I've never had problems backing up my Nexus one in the past using clockwork mod, but the past day, I've been trying to back it up so that I can try out Rodriguezstyle's new MIUI mod, but the backup keeps getting stuck on "Backing up sd-ext"

In particular, it says its getting stuck on "apparently this looks like a link?"
look down vertically for the thing I'm getting stuck on.

However, when I've pulled out my battery and reset into the recovery, I've found that the backup I was trying to make has actually been logged. I've been too scared to actually try to restore that backup to see if it's worked, because honestly I don't have any other recent backup and I don't want to mess anything up.

Any help would be appreciated! I might try to flash another recovery and backup that way...

I'm running RodriguezStyle's 2.9.2 MIUI ROM along with wildmonk's kernel and the most recent version of ClockworkMod Recovery if anybody's asking.

frozst

Feb 24, 2011
So I've never had problems backing up my Nexus one in the past using clockwork mod, but the past day, I've been trying to back it up so that I can try out Rodriguezstyle's new MIUI mod, but the backup keeps getting stuck on "Backing up sd-ext"

In particular, it says its getting stuck on "apparently this looks like a link?"
look down vertically for the thing I'm getting stuck on.

However, when I've pulled out my battery and reset into the recovery, I've found that the backup I was trying to make has actually been logged. I've been too scared to actually try to restore that backup to see if it's worked, because honestly I don't have any other recent backup and I don't want to mess anything up.

Any help would be appreciated! I might try to flash another recovery and backup that way...

I'm running RodriguezStyle's 2.9.2 MIUI ROM along with wildmonk's kernel and the most recent version of ClockworkMod Recovery if anybody's asking.

Did you find any solution? I have the same issue after trying to restore from CWMrecovery. I have changed to Amon_RA so I will never come back to CWMr...

But I would like to recover to backup... :(

danger-rat

Feb 14, 2010
USA
Clockwork recovery versions 3.x and higher have been known to mess up ext partitions. You may need to reformat your card and switch to an earlier version of Clockwork (or maybe try Amon Ra).