• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q] CM 6 Theming

Search This thread

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile
Hope posting this here is OK- I never get answers in Q&A...:rolleyes:

I have made & modified themes for the SE stock 'rom' and as you know the framework-res and system apks do not need to be recompiled or signed when just exchanging images.
Is it the same for CM 6 'roms'?
I am looking into theming Wolfbreak's rom and noticed the framework-res that I'm using as a base says "signed by SignApk" when I open it in winrar.
Do I need to recompile & sign or not?

Thanks in advance!

Shiwantha

Apr 9, 2010
◐◑◒◓

I have made & modified themes for the SE stock 'rom' and as you know the framework-res and system apks do not need to be recompiled or signed when just exchanging images.
I am looking into theming Wolfbreak's rom and noticed the framework-res that I'm using as a base says "signed by SignApk" when I open it in winrar.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

You dont need to sign regardless of OS if you are only swapping images for system files. But remember to use optimized pngs and zipalign as final step to minimize resources consumption.

If you are modding any resources.arsc you need to decompile to do that and recompile and sing accordingly.

Reactions: AyDee

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

You dont need to sign regardless of OS if you are only swapping images for system files. But remember to use optimized pngs and zipalign as final step to minimize resources consumption.

If you are modding any resources.arsc you need to decompile to do that and recompile and sing accordingly.
    Ok, thanks- just making sure... the winrar message threw me off...