• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] CM10 install problem

Search This thread

krvoZD

Aug 26, 2012
studioadriatic.com
I have Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc lt15i from 2011 with unlocked bootloader

I flash it with lt15i_4.1.B.0.431_ready to root
after that i root it
after that i flash it with LT15i_4.1.B.0.587_Kernel
and after that i install cwm and recharge battery on 100%

Than I Factory reset Wipe/format system, cache, data, dalvik all that... try to install cm10 and than i got error status 7

anyone know how to solve this?

Last edited:

themrperfecto

Aug 27, 2012
From where did you download Cm10 and which device are you using?

What you need to do is flash the kernel provided in the cm10..zip folder named as boot.img

1.Extract boot.img from zip file of cm10
2.Enter fastboot using flashtool
3. flash kernel
4. Enter recovery and install Cm10...
5. enjoy...And make sure you leave it for 15mins for it to settle down at first boot...

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
Question [Q] CM10 install problem

;)thermrperfecto was spot on:good:What you had tried to do was flash the stock .587_kernel as a general rule different types of roms have different kinds of kernels.

Basically GB roms have GB kernels, ICS roms have ICS kernels,JB roms have JB kernels and yes wait for it! Cyanogenmod roms have CM kernels:good:There is a couple of exceptions with the new TWRP kernels/recoveries which can multiboot a small number of compatible rom's,but generally the kernel's match the rom.

As thermrpefecto said the kernel for cm10 is in the .zip file you downloded or there are a few compatible kernels in the Development section :good::)