• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Couple of questions...

Search This thread

Mozza2k11

Apr 21, 2011
I think ncaissie ment the pc companion software that installs onto your pc from your phone. Its in settings > sony ericsson > connectivity > install pc companion . Tick the box and install it when you next connect your phone, it will install the drivers pc companion needs then try using flashtools again?

Im running window 7 x64 and all i did was install seus used it to reinstall 2.3.3 a fresh on the phone. Then used flashtools to flash 2.3.2, rooted then did ota update no errors or problems.

Last edited:

LemonPlusTea

Jun 18, 2011
I see. Ill try to reinstall the pc companion and try again. Worst case scenario is ill just unlock my bl to root. =P

ncaissie

May 15, 2011
Sorry for the late reply. Yes I meant the PC companion software as Mozza2k11 said.
Thanks Mozza2k11

Dousan

Aug 9, 2010
Copenhagen
Oh by the way have you installed this: ggsetup-2.2.0.10 (Gordon's Gate Flash Drivers)? If not then try that, if yes you might try again.

Regards Dousan...

ferrari2

Jul 15, 2011
Nope. Mine ended up having to restore despite trying all the suggestions. Looks like currently stuck at 2.3.3 rootless...

I'm successful flash global 2.3.2 fw on my xperia neo with flashtool 2.9.1 in windows xp with java x86 installed, previously i'm using win7 x64 java x64.

Now i'm facing another questions regarding to flash img files.

A rooted 2.3.3 global fw can be found in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1108712&page=2 i just don't known how flash it into the phone since flashtool files is the one's with .ftf extension.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think ncaissie ment the pc companion software that installs onto your pc from your phone. Its in settings > sony ericsson > connectivity > install pc companion . Tick the box and install it when you next connect your phone, it will install the drivers pc companion needs then try using flashtools again?

Im running window 7 x64 and all i did was install seus used it to reinstall 2.3.3 a fresh on the phone. Then used flashtools to flash 2.3.2, rooted then did ota update no errors or problems.
    1) its up to you, it is possible to upgrade with root as long as you have any model except a r800 x

2) I dont think either is better just depends on what you want to do to your phone

3) It depends what you mean by complete. There will probably be a stable version that is better than the stock rom eventually, but im not a dev

Ota means "over the air" and a kernel if im not mistaken is the part of the phone responsible for managing sysyem resources and the like. Not that I know much about anything and I could be wrong lol :)

Sent from my R800i using XDA App
    Hi! I just got my xplay a month or two ago, and my last phone was a iphone. As such, stepping from the relatively easier to handle ios to android system's not exactly a piece of cake...

And I still have a couple questions despite lurking in this forums for a while...

1) im running 2.3.2 , rooted with gingerbreak. I heard there's an improvement in battery life.. so im quite tempted to update, but the thought of bloatware coming back kind of scares me.. ._.
    So should I update?

2) is unlocked or locked bootloader better?

3) finally, will there be a final or complete version of cm7?

Also, would be great if anyone could explain what is an OTA and kernel...

Thanks! :)

This will be my second numbered answer today. Anyway:

1) What model do you have? I assume it's an r800i or r800a. If it is, I would head over to the development section and check out how to get the UK generic firmware on your phone without unlocking the boot loader. I did that, rooted it, then updated to 2.3.3 and removed a lot of bloat and it's good to go now.

2) I have unlocked the boot loader on every Android I've owned, but I haven't on this phone. I wouldn't until development takes off a little bit more. It will soon, but I probably won't even do it then, personally.

3) Yes, we have great people working on it. It's progressing majorly with each update.

Just next time search before posting...nah, I'm just kidding. Welcome to Android.

adb shove iPad2post.apk to /forum/thread
    OTA means you are updating the firmware on your phone through your phone over wifi.
    If you didn't remove the boats you can still do it by pressing the software update button on your phone. Just make sure that your bootloader is is still LOCKED.

Sent from my XPlay using XDA App.
    No, when 2.3.4 comes out it would probably be available to generic uk before any other versions. As long as you freeze and not remove boats, you would be able to ota update to 2.3.4

Sent from my XPlay using XDA App.