[Q] CURRENT Root/TWRP/SU for D801 since 80120E KDZ

Search This thread

Learnerspermit

Feb 11, 2014
This was originally a question, but since no one answered I finally tracked down the info in bits and pieces.

Thought I'd post it in case someone else has the issue.

These are 3 easy steps to take a Tmobile LG G2 running the current (7/27/14) 80120E KDZ from the OTA, and root your phone, install recovery and turn off the OTA.

If you need to return to stock go to this link http://theunlockr.com/2013/10/31/unroot-lg-g2-verizon/ and return to stock first.

1) From a rooted Tmobile LG G2, download Towelroot... it does all the work.
2) For TWRP go to http://www.droidviews.com/install-twrp-recovery-on-lg-g2-running-android-4-4-2-kitkat/ and download Autorec and it automatically loads TWRP... Only wish it had been that easy to root and recovery the last time.

Then FOR TMOBILE USERS:
Turn off OTA:
3845#*801# turns on Hidden menu
Select WLAN test
OTA settings: Disable

Others:
3845#*800# (AT&T)
3845#*801# (T-Mobile)
3845#*802# (European)
3845#*803# (AT&T and Canadian)
5689#*980 (Sprint)

Knock On will be disabled so now do this:

* 3845#*801# > setting > update touch firmware ( the 801 should be which ever model your phone is)

* The device will freeze ( Wait until the process )

Last edited:

Technowhiteboi

Dec 21, 2013
Eastcoast
so no need to downgrade??

just ordered an lg g2 from tmo. will be on the latest version, so my question is I dont have to downgrade anymore to install custom recovery i can just use autorec? thanks for your time!:cool:

Learnerspermit

Feb 11, 2014
just ordered an lg g2 from tmo. will be on the latest version, so my question is I dont have to downgrade anymore to install custom recovery i can just use autorec? thanks for your time!:cool:

No, I had just done the OTA 2 days ago which messed up my rooted system, so I did a complete factory reset and then did the OTA to bring it up to most current Kitkat 801120E and the above it was I did.

The ONLY issue I have found is that my knock knock will turn the screen off, but not turn it back on (I have to push the power button), but that's fine for me because I kinda hate the knock knock feature in the first place.

Technowhiteboi

Dec 21, 2013
Eastcoast
No, I had just done the OTA 2 days ago which messed up my rooted system, so I did a complete factory reset and then did the OTA to bring it up to most current Kitkat 801120E and the above it was I did.

The ONLY issue I have found is that my knock knock will turn the screen off, but not turn it back on (I have to push the power button), but that's fine for me because I kinda hate the knock knock feature in the first place.

Have you tried other stock based roms to see if that fixes the knock knock? I hope that doesn't happen to me :(

Technowhiteboi

Dec 21, 2013
Eastcoast
No, I'm completely happy without it. Basically the reason I root my phone is to get rid of the bloatware.

can you try this out for me and see if it works?

its to fix the knock on/off issue and I know you dont care about it but just want to know if it works.

dial 3845#*yourmodelnumber# >settings>update touch frimware

*******wait 15 seconds before touching anything*******

Learnerspermit

Feb 11, 2014
can you try this out for me and see if it works?

its to fix the knock on/off issue and I know you dont care about it but just want to know if it works.

dial 3845#*yourmodelnumber# >settings>update touch frimware

*******wait 15 seconds before touching anything*******

Actually found this in another post and it works, so I edited the original post to include it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This was originally a question, but since no one answered I finally tracked down the info in bits and pieces.

Thought I'd post it in case someone else has the issue.

These are 3 easy steps to take a Tmobile LG G2 running the current (7/27/14) 80120E KDZ from the OTA, and root your phone, install recovery and turn off the OTA.

If you need to return to stock go to this link http://theunlockr.com/2013/10/31/unroot-lg-g2-verizon/ and return to stock first.

1) From a rooted Tmobile LG G2, download Towelroot... it does all the work.
    2) For TWRP go to http://www.droidviews.com/install-twrp-recovery-on-lg-g2-running-android-4-4-2-kitkat/ and download Autorec and it automatically loads TWRP... Only wish it had been that easy to root and recovery the last time.

Then FOR TMOBILE USERS:
    Turn off OTA:
    3845#*801# turns on Hidden menu
    Select WLAN test
    OTA settings: Disable

Others:
    3845#*800# (AT&T)
    3845#*801# (T-Mobile)
    3845#*802# (European)
    3845#*803# (AT&T and Canadian)
    5689#*980 (Sprint)

Knock On will be disabled so now do this:

* 3845#*801# > setting > update touch firmware ( the 801 should be which ever model your phone is)

* The device will freeze ( Wait until the process )