• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q]: Custom Binary blocked by FRP Lock

Search This thread

bbacon

Dec 20, 2007
Baltimore
Let me start by saying I'm new to the Samsung world, I've had HTC android phones ever since the first Hero. That being said, I was able to update my phone to 5.1.1 and use the mostly stock OF7 kernel my phone booted up the first time, starting installing some apps, then decided to reboot it. Now it just goes into the boot screen that say Samsung and in red letters up top it says "Custom Binary blocked by FRP lock". Looking back I know I should have unlocked the bootloader when I had it booted up, but I forgot. Every time I try to flash a stock kernel in Odin, it pops up with the same message, but just says "Custom Binary (Boot) blocked by FRP lock". Is there any way to get my phone to boot up again, or will I have to wait until it's possible to download the 5.1.1 firmware? Even when that download is available will I be able to fix it?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: faleh1 and aung san

bbacon

Dec 20, 2007
Baltimore
i faced the same !steps you need to follow settings>search>reactivation lock>log in into Samsung account and disable
Yeah that would work and I should have done that before I restarted, but I forgot, and now I'm unable to get past the boot splash screen, and can' t access the stock recovery, pretty much the screen I can get to is the Download screen

Mig1234

Apr 2, 2011
Let me start by saying I'm new to the Samsung world, I've had HTC android phones ever since the first Hero. That being said, I was able to update my phone to 5.1.1 and use the mostly stock OF7 kernel my phone booted up the first time, starting installing some apps, then decided to reboot it. Now it just goes into the boot screen that say Samsung and in red letters up top it says "Custom Binary blocked by FRP lock". Looking back I know I should have unlocked the bootloader when I had it booted up, but I forgot. Every time I try to flash a stock kernel in Odin, it pops up with the same message, but just says "Custom Binary (Boot) blocked by FRP lock". Is there any way to get my phone to boot up again, or will I have to wait until it's possible to download the 5.1.1 firmware? Even when that download is available will I be able to fix it?
Thanks in advance.

Yeah that would work and I should have done that before I restarted, but I forgot, and now I'm unable to get past the boot splash screen, and can' t access the stock recovery, pretty much the screen I can get to is the Download screen

Did you try the new TAT file of the 5.1.1. It's posted now on here. I had the same thing but I had Asurion insurance and they sent me a new device for $200 deductible.

sokebk

May 4, 2015
Brooklyn
My sm-920T t-mobile Galaxy s6 is now stuck in a boot loop on splash screen

I flashed the new note 5 kernel and firmware that just came out to it and everything was working fine until I restarted my phone and now I'm stuck in just the Samsung Galaxy s6 boot screen can't access anything but download mode do any of you have any useful info or files I may be able to flash through odin to get through this because my phone is now essentially now a locked down brick that was working awesome right before I restarted it for the first time I forget the devs. name who put out the kernel and firmware for the note 5 to work on the s6 but this damned frp block/lock has made my fully paid for s6 I just got a doorstop now and I'm so frustrated anything I'm trying to flash on odin AP. is failing and I'm just so angry. Can someone please swoop in and give me some possibly useful advice so I can get my phone to boot because it was fine..... Till the restart because just one program was f/c but I would've eventually restarted anyway so I guess once I flashed it I was doomed. DEVS PLEASE. ;) I know someone in here has to have had the same problem and conquered it. I've tried everything in my limited repertoire. Thanks alot for any responses. I was on normal 5.1.1 s6 firmware previous was just rooted with custom recovery

ClassickWORLD

Jun 28, 2010
Getting the same frp error. Everthing I flash through ODIN fails. Even flashing stock 5.1.1 OF7 fails. I believe it's because I was on OGA so I have to wait until the tarball for that comes out I guess. Unless anyone else has some ideas?

BigBirdie

Feb 2, 2010
Denver
Try using ODIN to reload the bootloader. Google the how, there are many posts.
Hope it helps. That's what I did to get mine to work.

tupac unincorn

Aug 27, 2015
same-ish stuffs

So I have a new s6 on a sprint plan. Was stuck in like a boot loop with the same message in nice red letters kept coming up on the load screen. I was on OGA and had just tried to implement TWRP via the playstore. This started the boot loop. after reflashing the original rootof7.tar i had managed to get it break-free with a factory reset on TWRP(which was now working), only to have the battery die before I had a chance to do anything. after I had got it on a charger it started with the charge battery icon and the red FRP lock message. It would basically just loop there going no further unless i tried to full reset(all buttons) or download mode. Could not flash anything via odin (only recieved error messeges). Took to Bestbuy and after some shuffling around(geeksquad is terribad) I managed to get the Samsung guy to flash a stock OF7 and it works fine now. No more root or twrp and the knox reads 0x1, bu the phone is working now

jonbeck

Aug 27, 2015
So I have a new s6 on a sprint plan. Was stuck in like a boot loop with the same message in nice red letters kept coming up on the load screen. I was on OGA and had just tried to implement TWRP via the playstore. This started the boot loop. after reflashing the original rootof7.tar i had managed to get it break-free with a factory reset on TWRP(which was now working), only to have the battery die before I had a chance to do anything. after I had got it on a charger it started with the charge battery icon and the red FRP lock message. It would basically just loop there going no further unless i tried to full reset(all buttons) or download mode. Could not flash anything via odin (only recieved error messeges). Took to Bestbuy and after some shuffling around(geeksquad is terribad) I managed to get the Samsung guy to flash a stock OF7 and it works fine now. No more root or twrp and the knox reads 0x1, bu the phone is working now

can you tell me which stock rom did you use please.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i faced the same !steps you need to follow settings>search>reactivation lock>log in into Samsung account and disable
    I can remove any frp lock if anyone has this issue
    Thanks in advance.
    I downloaded the firmware again and now it's taking..also what do I need to doonce I root so I can put TWRP on there and not frp lock again. I not new to android and rooting just the wifes S6 lol

Thanks

Go into your settings and to About Phone, tap on the build id until developer options opens, go into developer options and enable the OEM unlock, flash your recovery, and reap the rewards.
    that's what I tried and says failed, wonder if I got the wrong firmware?

you know of a fast dl for the stock 5.1.1 firmware? one from sam mobile says like 16hrs to dl
    I'm not a Sprint user but I can certainly help.
    This link is for the OF7 official fw update. Download it and Odin it.

http://216.55.178.109/direct-download-link/G920PVPU2BOF7_G920PSPT2BOF7_SPR.zip

Edit: I just downloaded this zip in a matter of minutes. Happy Flashing!
    Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk