• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Custom CWM and root for ZTE V967S

Search This thread

gargamelxda

May 30, 2013
Hi. I´m new in this forum...and need help.
Somebody can tell me if there are some custom CWM to this phone? and how to root it?
I have searched in the forum but i didn´t find anything. Bruno talk about make a custom CWM for it in his V987 thread but there is no.
Thx.

gargamelxda

May 30, 2013

suoko

Jan 7, 2010
Tokyo
Thx for your answer. But this ROM isn´t a custom ROM. It´s a official ROM and i dont know if stock CWM is totally functional to install it.
I used the default recovery to install the new ZTE build. By "default recovery" I mean the recovery that etotalk put on it. I have no idea if it's the original one or a modded one. Since the phone is chinese the original recovery could have been in chinese language like the cwm one.
I'll try using the http://builder.clockworkmod.com now.
It might accept the chinese cwm one and spit out an english one

The recovery from etotalk can be installed via "etotalk tools".
If you need both of them just ask.

Last edited:
Reactions: alina8627

suoko

Jan 7, 2010
Tokyo
Hey suoko, here is a new ROM to our phone. Have you try it? http://www.needrom.com/mobile/zte-v967s-2/

No, I'm not going to test experimental roms with this phone cause I'm not going to risk hw failures this time.
The only thing I'd do is remap partitions to have one single internal one but I can happily live with current partitioning.
I'll wait for an official update from zte this time, they look pretty active, like zopmobile devs.
Regarding the english cwm, no, I don't have one.

Sent from my ZTE V967S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

a_stefane

Feb 15, 2012
ZTE V967s_need for boot.img

Hello,

I made a mistake using SP flash tool and changed boot.img ... now I can boot only into recovery ... any update I tried from recovery CWM6.0.1.2 seems to install but ends in a boot logo screen and so remains for long long time

I think I need the original boot.img ... can anyone help me?

Regards,
Adrian

Top Liked Posts