[Q] CWM Recovery for Allwinner A33?

Search This thread

Jona-suricata

Jul 12, 2016
Hi,I have an Allwinner a33 softwinner v11 10.1 inch tablet 4.4.2
I found a twrp recovery,i've flashed to device and booted into it a few times to make sure there was no problems with bootloop and it's working with no problems.
testing backup and restore now.
i'm new here so can't post external links,can PM if interested

hello I would like to know TWRP used and how? I have not managed to do I tried everything

P

PappyGerard

A33 V92 tablet from Moonar (Amazon) almost bricked

I found a twrp recovery for my Allwinner A33. Flashed it, and after the the flash/install it asked if I wanted to reboot to recovery so I did to make sure it worked. All good except there are no instructions on how to get back into it. I've tried the usual Android key/button combinations and nothing.

How are you getting back into the recovery on startup?

Thanks.

** Also, if anyone is interested, the tablet I acquired was one of the generic Allwinner A33 based with all the factory Malware/Trojan/Virus BS on it. I figured out how to get it reflashed to a clean install and have the unit working well. Will provide file info and steps to anyone looking to get theirs working.

Hello, Your last quote interests me because I have searched a lot to find a good ROM for that tablet but found none acting OK. The best I have is a boot up to welcome music, but the display is not showning any text... just gray bars rolling on the screen. If you have a link to your Google drive or OneDrive or Dropbox where I could try your files, maybe it could help me.
Thanks in advance,
Gerard

JayG

Apr 29, 2006
Don't come here much. All the files I used are here;
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7BpcNEKIa7qei1XWWtoT3BLSGM?usp=sharing

To get into recovery after TWRP is on the device is goofy. Hold Volume +/-, the Back key, then hold the power button. Keep holding. It WILL seem like way too long as if nothing is happening. Then, you may see the 'AllWeiner', source of the grief logo momentarily, then the TWRP screens..

Reactions: eordetxl

fsebentley

May 2, 2013
Montezuma
techknow me has stopped hosting androids.... doesn anyone know where to get this rom ??

here is a link to the TWRP used in that rom... I wrote it so feel free to use it as you like :)

http://www.4shared.com/archive/Xj54XSy8ce/A33_TWRP.html

Keep in mind all A33's are not equal... they will necessarily have different touchscreen drivers... you can edit the twrp and insert your own driver in most cases... in some cases you might want to replace all the drivers used with those from your firmware as well as the kernel...

This was originally compiled for the A23 and I modified it for the A33 by doing exactly that..

Last edited:

MichaBit

May 6, 2015
here is a link to the TWRP used in that rom... I wrote it so feel free to use it as you like :)

http://www.4shared.com/archive/Xj54XSy8ce/A33_TWRP.html

Keep in mind all A33's are not equal... they will necessarily have different touchscreen drivers... you can edit the twrp and insert your own driver in most cases... in some cases you might want to replace all the drivers used with those from your firmware as well as the kernel...

This was originally compiled for the A23 and I modified it for the A33 by doing exactly that..

Here are all A33 ROMs I ever found behind the very thick Chinese Firewall: :)
Please be careful: some ROMs are Eken-trojan contaminated [CloudsService].
PHJDF08... + MicMod 2.2.2 are certainly trojan-free.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k077mc2i0hkv/Allwinner_-_www.techknow.me

Last edited:

Atheist Antichrist

Jul 12, 2017
Chinese Tablet Clusterfug

I recently acquired an Allwinner "Emerald Wifi" astar-y3 7" quad-core tablet from an auction site for $21.00. I rooted it with Kingroot and am wanting to de-crappify it, but it's a huge risk without CWM or TWRP. I currently don't have a PC, and won't have one for a week or so, so I am freezing apps then uninstalling them when I'm certain they aren't too important. The tablet runs like crap which is China's revenge for me being American I guess.
I guess my question is how can I determine whether a custom recovery and/or custom ROM will be compatible with my confusingly designated device? It's just a matter of the recovery/ROM having the correct drivers for my hardware...? Or does it go a lot deeper than that? I know I'm in trouble since I'm not sure what to call this thing.

MichaBit

May 6, 2015
I am sure that there is no custom-ROM for any Allwinner tablet.
There are many stock-ROMs available, but as you said, all drivers have to fit.
For my 10" y3 A33, which is obviously cloned, I have a TWRP where a friendly programmer has integrated the appropriate drivers.
You won't succeed without a PC.
Be careful cause most ROMs are Eken-trojan contaminated called CloudsService.

skratch2328

May 3, 2020
Allwinner a33 plz help

Yeahh I'd love to know how you did fresh clean install on allwinner a33

I found a twrp recovery for my Allwinner A33. Flashed it, and after the the flash/install it asked if I wanted to reboot to recovery so I did to make sure it worked. All good except there are no instructions on how to get back into it. I've tried the usual Android key/button combinations and nothing.

Thanks.

** Also, if anyone is interested, the tablet I acquired was one of the generic Allwinner A33 based with all the factory Malware/Trojan/Virus BS on it. I figured out how to get it reflashed to a clean install and have the unit working well. Will provide file info and steps to anyone looking to get theirs working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I DroidWall use to choose which Internet applications fall ;)
    If you have a working ADB connection to an Allwinner A33 tablet, could you perhaps share the Windows ADB drivers here?
    TIA
    Try this
    I found a twrp recovery,i've flashed to device and booted into it a few times to make sure there was no problems with bootloop and it's working with no problems.

Thanks.

Don't come here much. All the files I used are here;
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7BpcNEKIa7qei1XWWtoT3BLSGM?usp=sharing

To get into recovery after TWRP is on the device is goofy. Hold Volume +/-, the Back key, then hold the power button. Keep holding. It WILL seem like way too long as if nothing is happening. Then, you may see the 'AllWeiner', source of the grief logo momentarily, then the TWRP screens..