• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Cyanogen Recovery has no backup/restore options

Search This thread

imgoingtowin

Feb 7, 2014
I just installed Cyanogenmod. In the recovery there's no option to backup or restore (and the apply update always fails the signature verification). All I see on the recovery screen is
  • Reboot system now
  • Apply update]
  • Wipe data/factory reset
  • Wipe cache partition
  • Wipe media
  • Reboot to bootloader
  • Power down
  • Viw recovery logs

How can I backup/restore? It's my understanding that recoveries are designed for the stock kernel, and Cyanogenmod came with it's own kernel? I didn't know this because Cyanogenmod is a ROM, not a kernel :eek:

Reactions: MrPACS

CCJ22

Jun 11, 2011
Little Rock
Yea, I'd like to know why there is no recovery in Cynogen recovery.

And if we install another recovery, doesn't that wipe our phone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry, but how would I do that please?

Download rashr from playstore. That worked for me.
    Also make sure that in developer settings, that it doesn't update recovery when you update Cm. Make sure it's off, and you'll keep your recovery. I flashed twrp. That worked well for me with the CM recovery.
    If Rashr does not work (sometimes it doesn't for me), use fastboot:
    1. Download the TWRP.img from their website https://twrp.me/devices/sonyxperiaz2.html
    2. connect your phone into fastbootmode (shut down phone, press volume up and connect usb cable)
    3. do the following command, to flash the recovery:
    fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.6.0-sirius.img
    I just installed Cyanogenmod. In the recovery there's no option to backup or restore (and the apply update always fails the signature verification). All I see on the recovery screen is
    • Reboot system now
    • Apply update]
    • Wipe data/factory reset
    • Wipe cache partition
    • Wipe media
    • Reboot to bootloader
    • Power down
    • Viw recovery logs

How can I backup/restore? It's my understanding that recoveries are designed for the stock kernel, and Cyanogenmod came with it's own kernel? I didn't know this because Cyanogenmod is a ROM, not a kernel :eek: