[Q] Dead touchscreen after correct kernel flash

Search This thread

agm2112

Mar 27, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
Hi... I was on latest Temasek CM11, and flashed Googy max kernel. I got a bootloop, and touch screen completely unresponsive, even on philz recovery. Tried factory reset, another rom, kernel, etc ... Now the phone boots normally, but no touchscreen at all. I´ve heard about burned touchscreen controller when flashing a wrong recovery or kernel, but it wasn´t the case.

Is there any last solution before replacing the screen (again) ?

deptic

Oct 3, 2012
can software really cause certain hardware to stop working especially the touch and/or LCD ???. because I have a S3 here too, but the problem is I can't see anything but the touch works. phone boots fine an everything. played music (by randomly touching areas of the screen till I heard a song started playing) it makes sounds when I touch tap the screen, vibrates when i'm typing stuff

the person i bought it from says its a software issue. idk if they are lying to me or not. only way I'm gonna know is if I put another motherboard in and see if my screen

turns on. u can try that too if u have a friend or something that has a S3 too, if the touch works with their motherboard, then its either your motherboard or firmware issue

Last edited:

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
can software really cause certain hardware to stop working especially the touch and/or LCD ???. because I have a S3 here too, but the problem is I can't see anything but the touch works. phone boots fine an everything. played music (by randomly touching areas of the screen till I heard a song started playing) it makes sounds when I touch tap the screen, vibrates when i'm typing stuff

the person i bought it from says its a software issue. idk if they are lying to me or not. only way I'm gonna know is if I put another motherboard in and see if my screen

turns on. u can try that too if u have a friend or something that has a S3 too, if the touch works with their motherboard, then its either your motherboard or firmware issue

Its the screen lcd display fault.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone