[Q] Deep Sleep Questions

Search This thread

Nuenjin

Nov 9, 2011
Memphi-ssippi
Moto E5
I have been running Mijjz-Goodness, for a week to stabilize the numbers, and I noticed by way of cpuSpy that my phone never entered deep sleep while on the charger over night.

Also, though the work day today, I noticed that not once in 7 hours has it entered deep sleep. Most of that time is explained by listening to Tune-in but what about the rest of it.

Which apps or functions are killing me here? I appreciate any input.

patrao_n

Dec 17, 2010
san diego
Ok tons of topics on this. Get betterbatterystats or gsam. Use it to find wakelocks. Your phone will not enter deep sleep while on charger. No need for it. The wakelock I will assume is happening is your media. You may think you have turned off the player but its still running in background waiting for input. If you are on touchwiz rom use the task manager and kill the process. If its not there then clear ram. If you are on cm9 or 10 or any aosp just restart the phone. Alot easier than installing a third party app to kill tasks.

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch

Bannjio

Oct 10, 2012
There have been like 10 of these threads in a week. Use the search please.

That said, also try changing your wifi keep awake during sleep to never in advanced wifi settings if you have wifi on most the time.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Nuenjin

Nov 9, 2011
Memphi-ssippi
Moto E5
two, TWO, posts down, same flipping topic.. reading fail.

Sent from my sph-d710 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Thinking maybe we can make the search bar easier to find...... (I already added link to my sig!!!) lol

Yeah, maybe if the search didn't find every development thread and every theme & app thread because they include some really great keywords, it would be of more use.

I agree that reading through the threads is the best way to learn, but please realize that not all of us live here. In fact, some of us only have about 20 minutes a day to sift through all this wonderful BS. Besides, it gives everyone a chance to shine with a good attitude or to troll and be dismissive.

Thanks 5footer

Last edited:

MoHoGalore

May 24, 2012
Farmington
Yeah, maybe if the search didn't find every development thread and every theme & app thread because they include some really great keywords, it would be of more use.

I agree that reading through the threads is the best way to learn, but please realize that not all of us live here. In fact, some of us only have about 20 minutes a day to sift through all this wonderful BS. Besides, it gives everyone a chance to shine with a good attitude or to troll and be dismissive.

Thanks 5footer

justify it however you like. Regardless the same exact topic was on the page you took the time to post on. Don't try and be all "ya'll have too much time" crap. Just makes the fact that you didn't see it worse.
Have a good night/day. :rolleyes:

Reactions: patrao_n

Bannjio

Oct 10, 2012
Seemed appropriate =p

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350614090316.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350614090316.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 28

patrao_n

Dec 17, 2010
san diego
A simple press of the menu button allows you to copy url. Copy. Push home button. Go to favorite browser. Input url. At the top click the part of the subsection that says epic 4g touch. After doing so go ahead and click on search this section(something like that). Then use some english and type in what keywords best describe your problem. Or for the advanced... go to google.com and search your topic with the words xda and epic 4g touch or e4gt. Once you have found your answer proceed to flash international tar in odin. Put it in the I didn't read slot. Congrats. You have a shiny new paperweight to give as a gift to that special someone.

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There have been like 10 of these threads in a week. Use the search please.

That said, also try changing your wifi keep awake during sleep to never in advanced wifi settings if you have wifi on most the time.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Wait... There is a search function???? When did this occur??? :D
    Thinking maybe we can make the search bar easier to find...... (I already added link to my sig!!!) lol
    Nothing happened here.. Accidentally clicked submit lol

Wait i saw what happened! I won't tell anyone what i saw... it was rather disturbing.... attempting to erase that image from my mind..
    Never seen that many dogs after peanut butter.....
    If you have an animated battery mod it will not deep sleep when charging.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Thanks 5footer

justify it however you like. Regardless the same exact topic was on the page you took the time to post on. Don't try and be all "ya'll have too much time" crap. Just makes the fact that you didn't see it worse.
    Have a good night/day. :rolleyes: