• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Defect?

Search This thread

Joshuax8

Aug 25, 2010
Limmen
Hi guys,
I was wondering if my phone is defect or not! Because when I charge my phone and use it, after a while it gets warm and at some point hangs. I then have to manually reboot it (holding powerbutton, even once had to pull the battery out) and then most of the time it hangs A. on the charging screen or B. on the first screen when you boot the phone. When you have finally booted the phone, it will last for a max of 2 minutes before freezing again. If you pull the back cover of and unplug the charger and let it cool down it's ok again! So I guess it is broken? Can one of you guys please try to replicate it? Btw The phone is not really hot i think, you can still hold it fine. Any help/suggestions/whatever would be appeciated :D Btw I'm Dutch so excuse my bad english ;)

Rizlo

Feb 17, 2006
Milan
Sounds like a hardware defect to me. If your phone isn't more than two weeks old you should ask for a replacement.

Your english is not that bad at all, at least from another non-native speaker's point of view :)

Joshuax8

Aug 25, 2010
Limmen
It is more than two weeks old :( and I already sent it once for repair because it froze ect :( I just tried to update to froyo (trough KIES) but it said it worked but the phone still says that it's 2.1! I don't get it!