[Q] Demo mode Kindle Fire, trying to restore to original

Search This thread

JFenlon

Nov 27, 2009
Doncaster
teesbox.com
Hi,

I recently acquired a Kindle Fire that was previously used as a Demo unit in a store, I'd like to get it out of Demo mode but having tried since Sunday (and following several threads on here with similar problems) with no success I thought I'd see if I can get any help.

This is my first Kindle, so I'm new to that, but I've owned several Android devices in the past, so I'd consider myself fairly familiar with ADB, Fastboot, etc.

Since I can't get into the settings on the Demo unit I haven't been able to enable USB Debugging, to cut a long story short after playing around all day Sunday trying to get KFU to communicate with the device I gave up and ordered a Factory USB Cable to get it into Fastboot mode.

That arrived This morning and the Kindle is now in Fastboot mode, but I'm not sure what to do next, the PC (Windows 8 64bit, but I've also tried on Vista 32bit) sees the device as: Otter2-Prod-04 with a yellow exclamation mark icon and KFU still doesn't seem to be able to communicate with the device.

I'm running out of ideas, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

JFenlon

Nov 27, 2009
Doncaster
teesbox.com
Never mind, I got KFU to recognise the device finally but I think it's bricked it, it's just black now with no light on the power button or anything.

I don't suppose there's any way to fix that?

BilliElish

Jan 19, 2022
Never mind, I got KFU to recognise the device finally but I think it's bricked it, it's just black now with no light on the power button or anything.

I don't suppose there's any way to fix that?

My Motivation For work LOL :)

mug,standard,x334,right-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

Great cup I like it, looks good, I recommend to get one, thanks!

Redbubble Sale