• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q] Deodex S5830XWKT7

Search This thread

tossan

Jan 9, 2012
Hueco Mundo
Ketut did it with dsixda's Android Kitchen.

->[ROM] DXKT5/XWKT7 prepared using Android-Kitchen, CWM flashable zip

Scroll down to the second post. There he has a mini howto. Be extra cautious about the instructions for system.rfs. Than head over to dsixda's place for more details. From the vast available options you should only need

11 - Deodex files in your ROM

If you don't happen to have a Linux system, than I would suggest this one (The mother of Android. ... ;)):

->LiveUsbPendrivePersistent
Again, scroll down to the section "Installing Ubuntu on USB drive using Windows (UNetbootin)"

With this method you can have a second partition (casper-rw) on the stick, where the changes to the system are stored (add, remove packages/software or updates of the system components). Beaware though to never update kernel related stuff.

I'm currently using Lubuntu 11.10 on a 4GB stick with Eclipse + Gimp + Inkscape + AbiWord + ... installed and there is still plenty of room left. With 4GB you normally don't even manage to get a Win7 barebone system up and running smoothly. ... :D

Reactions: domnic79 and Cryss

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ketut did it with dsixda's Android Kitchen.

->[ROM] DXKT5/XWKT7 prepared using Android-Kitchen, CWM flashable zip

Scroll down to the second post. There he has a mini howto. Be extra cautious about the instructions for system.rfs. Than head over to dsixda's place for more details. From the vast available options you should only need

11 - Deodex files in your ROM

If you don't happen to have a Linux system, than I would suggest this one (The mother of Android. ... ;)):

->LiveUsbPendrivePersistent
    Again, scroll down to the section "Installing Ubuntu on USB drive using Windows (UNetbootin)"

With this method you can have a second partition (casper-rw) on the stick, where the changes to the system are stored (add, remove packages/software or updates of the system components). Beaware though to never update kernel related stuff.

I'm currently using Lubuntu 11.10 on a 4GB stick with Eclipse + Gimp + Inkscape + AbiWord + ... installed and there is still plenty of room left. With 4GB you normally don't even manage to get a Win7 barebone system up and running smoothly. ... :D