• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] desire x doesn't turn on .

Search This thread

nIMa_aZx

Dec 15, 2012
Tehran
Hi guys,

i have a desire x and i have a problem !
today the phone turned off because the battery was low.
Now i can't turn it on again.

phone wasn't root.
and power button + volume down don't work for recovery menu .
When the phone is connected to the charger or connected via USB to the PC the LED is on.

what can i do ?
need flash ? if yes how ?

thanks a lot .

GtrCraft

Recognized Developer
Jun 3, 2013
Moto G5 Plus
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hi guys,

phone wasn't root.
When the phone is connected to the charger or connected via USB to the PC the LED is on.

what can i do ?

thanks a lot .

Let it charge for an hour and try again

Reactions: nIMa_aZx

nIMa_aZx

Dec 15, 2012
Tehran
thank you but in my country (Iran) there are not official warranty and guaranty services. but there are a lot of Repairman and i must pay a lot of money to them to repair this.
if it is hard brick , i guess one the chip in phone is damaged . the phone is connected to pc via usb when the battery was low and it had a power fluctuation .

i saw a lot of people in xda and another forum looks like me . they had this problem with Htc desire x , one s , one , desire ...
They could not do anything . they sent theirs to Htc guaranty service.

i appreciate for your regard :good:

arindam4u

Jan 12, 2012
Kolkata
Same thing happened to me. Mine is HTC Desire X dual sim.
Last night I was trying to Root my phone.
Successfully unlocked the bootloader and installed the custom recovery. then problem occurred due to Superuser itself cannot update binary SU as it could not access root.
Then flashed a Superuser from custom recovery. During these process I did not turned my phone off instead restarted it.
But then from that custom recovery option I powerd it off. That was the biggest mistake. After that I am unable to turn it on.
It only shows Red (Orange) LED while plug in it with USB or charger. Removing and Reinserting the Battery after 5-10 mins and trying to turn it on gives nothing other than only 5/7 Vibrations after a while.

So researched about it and found out this one problem occurred to many out there, and no solution what so ever.

I bricked my phone, lost my warranty all at the same time last night. Lost hope, as its totally dead and have to pay for it to repair.
Then I unplug the charger and removed the battery and gone to bed.

This morning I put the battery back and pressed the power button for 5-10 secs to see if it turning on or not. But it did not.
But after a while it turned back on automatically with the power on sound. I was very surprised. The Superuser thing is also working now. :)

I am afraid, I should not power it off completely from now on. As like ever!!. But that is ridiculous. So what was the main reason behind this issue? Is that because of Custom Recovery/ Rooting/ any hardware like motherboard or something (It is not the power button as I can check now it is working) else??

I don't know what is the reason behind it. But If anybody tell me how to get back to stock recovery so that I can Switch off my phone without having a fear of never can turn it on, will be appreciated.

Thanks.

GtrCraft

Recognized Developer
Jun 3, 2013
Moto G5 Plus
Xiaomi Poco F1
Same thing happened to me. Mine is HTC Desire X dual sim.
Last night I was trying to Root my phone.
Successfully unlocked the bootloader and installed the custom recovery. then problem occurred due to Superuser itself cannot update binary SU as it could not access root.
Then flashed a Superuser from custom recovery. During these process I did not turned my phone off instead restarted it.
But then from that custom recovery option I powerd it off. That was the biggest mistake. After that I am unable to turn it on.
It only shows Red (Orange) LED while plug in it with USB or charger. Removing and Reinserting the Battery after 5-10 mins and trying to turn it on gives nothing other than only 5/7 Vibrations after a while.

So researched about it and found out this one problem occurred to many out there, and no solution what so ever.

I bricked my phone, lost my warranty all at the same time last night. Lost hope, as its totally dead and have to pay for it to repair.
Then I unplug the charger and removed the battery and gone to bed.

This morning I put the battery back and pressed the power button for 5-10 secs to see if it turning on or not. But it did not.
But after a while it turned back on automatically with the power on sound. I was very surprised. The Superuser thing is also working now. :)

I am afraid, I should not power it off completely from now on. As like ever!!. But that is ridiculous. So what was the main reason behind this issue? Is that because of Custom Recovery/ Rooting/ any hardware like motherboard or something (It is not the power button as I can check now it is working) else??

I don't know what is the reason behind it. But If anybody tell me how to get back to stock recovery so that I can Switch off my phone without having a fear of never can turn it on, will be appreciated.

Thanks.

The custom recovery on this forum is not meant for the Desire X dual sim. That's why it doesn't work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try pressing the power button about 5 or 10 secs when that happened to me it solved by that way

HTC Desire X || Android 4.1.2 || mySENSEdx5 RC3.0 now Free
    Hi guys,

phone wasn't root.

what can i do ?

thanks a lot .

Let it charge for an hour and try again
    As you didn't root it, claim warranty...
    But hopefully my device is running in dual sim mode. restarting also seems working. Turning off is the deal. :rolleyes:

Any recommendation at this stage?

Search for the right stock recovery or send it to repair and act if you don't know what happened