[Q][DEVS][SOLVED!!] Modified kernel to support in-call 2-way recording [SOLVED!!]

Search This thread

onelovekir

Apr 26, 2008
hi all,

I am posting this new thread as the mods deleted it for some reason instead of just moving it to the correct section, but I was wondering if anyone has had luck with the in-call 2-way recording with apps similar to RVOIX for the EVO. If so, which kernel are you using? As far as I know it requires certain permissions within the kernel to accept it. Has any of the Devs who do kernels looked into this? I have seen it done on other devices in other forums such as the Desire and Galaxy S but not for the Evo. Any help on this would be appreciated as some important legal stuff needs to be recorded for me and this would really help me out, as well as other people that I have seen that would like the same feature.

Thanks again in advance!!

Edit: SOLVED!!... EVO 4G + Lithid's Freedom kernel + skvalex's CallRecorder 1.0.28 = money!!

you could always try it out or read up on the forum @...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=556

Last edited:

onelovekir

Apr 26, 2008
see sirmx...

this is why I originally posted this in the Android Development, because no one really looks at Q & A unless they did a search. Technically I am asking for developers help or skills, but this is still a question, sooo.... with that being said...
does anybody know anything about this subject on the EVO? and please spare me the legal bull ish cuz my state is a one-party consent state...thanks!!

onelovekir

Apr 26, 2008
hopefully now that we have the ruu rom for 4.24 someone can mod the kernel to allow this...please!

lil_bono

Sep 21, 2010
Chandler
This is interesting. I would love to be able to record my Ex's rants...

I'm going to look into this. I just set up my Eclipse and the kitchen. Source code is out there...

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

onelovekir

Apr 26, 2008
Will definitely give that a shot. I don't know much about kernels but can the source be extracted from the kernel modules? Thanks Haus!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

onelovekir

Apr 26, 2008
if u want in-call recording why not flash a Miui Rom where his Rom have it built in the

Oh yeah? What's a good MIUI Rom that's ported to the EVO? Well I suppose I could, and then just nandroid back to my everyday Rom, but it would be so much nicer to have it built in to anyones Rom thru the kernel. How does MIUI roms have that feature? Is their kernel patched? Thanks!

onelovekir

Apr 26, 2008
Last edited:

bcarter2000

Nov 12, 2008
Jackson, MS
Just in case you didn't know , in most states,it is illegal to record a phone conversation without the other persons knowledge and or consent. So be careful where you keep those recordings.

onelovekir

Apr 26, 2008
Just in case you didn't know , in most states,it is illegal to record a phone conversation without the other persons knowledge and or consent. So be careful where you keep those recordings.

I'm all good buddy...my state is a one party consent state...which is meeeee! Hehehe!

But good lookin out tho!

Jul 4, 2012

Not MOST states. MOST states only require one party (ie. you) consent to record. It's only like 12 or 13 of them that require both parties and I'm pretty sure it isn't consent that is required but just knowledge (ie you just have to tell them you are recording when you start).