[Q] Difference CF-Auto Root between Galaxy S5 and S5 Active

Search This thread

dampi0

Jun 25, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have a Galaxy S5 Active - SM-G870F with Android version 5 and I want to root my device, however on chainfire`s site I find auto root only for 4.4.2 version

My questions are:

Will it be ok to root my device v5 with auto root zip for version 4.4.2?
Other way around would be to use G900F (standart galaxy s5)`s model zip for rooting, will this be okay, and which option is best?

Thanks in advance for your time and attention.

Last edited:

dampi0

Jun 25, 2015
Well, I took the risk and can confirm SM-G870F S5 Active with Android vesrion 5.0 with the latest stock firmware for Europe from sammobile (25 Jul 2015) can be rooted with cf-auto-root for version 4.4.2.

Reactions: Chelonee

Chelonee

Jul 4, 2013
Well, I took the risk and can confirm SM-G870F S5 Active with Android vesrion 5.0 with the latest stock firmware for Europe from sammobile (25 Jul 2015) can be rooted with cf-auto-root for version 4.4.2.

Thank you for this information! I rooted the sm-g870F for my friend and it worked. Do you know if there is a working recovery for our device available?

dampi0

Jun 25, 2015
Hello,

Thank you for this information! I rooted the sm-g870F for my friend and it worked. Do you know if there is a working recovery for our device available?
No, I have not checked this and for now I cannot help you with such info. You could try asking around the forum or search for similar threads.

How is this related to at&t phones?
danielsgl, this is not related to at&t phones but for the european s5 active - g870f model, my thread was posted elsewhere but a moderator moved it. It seems that this subforum is the only place where s5 active topics could be posted.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone