[Q/Discuss] Unbricking "Hardbricked" S4 that still reads Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader

Search This thread

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
[Q/Discuss] Unbricking "Hardbricked" S4 that still reads Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader

So this is my first hard bricked S4 besides the one I had overheat which wouldnt read anything when plugged into a PC.

I've gone over and over the internet trying to find a sure fix for this S4 model i545 MK2 with no luck I tried making a debrick img maybe didnt do it right but didnt get a response from the phone. I'm able to see that QB mode when ever I plug it in.

Has anyone had any luck reviving these things without a JTAG box? I'm trying to not spend anymore money as I B broke.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Hoping to turn this thread into a how to debrick an S4 I know theyve had success with S3s and lower I think its time we figured out the S4's now.

-gogolie

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
You can't make a debrick image while the phone is in this state. As far as I know the sdcard boot unbrick method has been tried and fails

JTAG or a usb jig are your only options.

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
You can't make a debrick image while the phone is in this state. As far as I know the sdcard boot unbrick method has been tried and fails

JTAG or a usb jig are your only options.

thanks I can verify as is a debrick img wont work. i wonder if thats because im using a SS phone's debrick img tho was hoping to find a debrick img from an mk2 stock but no luck. or if the sdcard mode needs to be triggered somehow on our phones? I ordered a jig per your advice I tried making my own which worked for the old s2s but it didnt work for the s4. hopefully the one I ordered works theres no specific one I need is there? what about using qpst and trying to+ restore an NV backup

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
Booting from sdcard is possible on our s4 according to data found in seclog. You need the correct gpt header so the partitions can be found. It should be SDCC.4

Heres my gpt (from my VRUEMK2 s4) https://www.dropbox.com/s/twrwug9dxfrj17a/gpt

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ok thanks for the insight can you elaborate for the less capable like myself ;) Should i apply that gpt with something like gdisk for win to a mk2 debrick? do u have a debrick img you'd be willing to share? PM me like if not public. Otherwise how do you go about enabling the sdcard mode and restoring at least the download so i can use odin. also i'm sure its not but thought I'd ask is it possible to bring the phone back to mdk from here as its the furthest down software wise you can be isnt it? ive heard even with a jtag'd s4 you cant so im highly doubting a yes or even maybe but damn i miss mdk. otherwise using qpst or rev or something has issues restoring as the bl cookie is missing from the files ive tried but i dont have a working s4 to go off either so that makes it 100x more frustrating and difficult. any help would be nice bro I'll pass you off some of the donations i got from my users towards a new phone if u can save me from jtag'ing which is like 60 n seems like a rip off for another 60 i could just buy a riff ;)

jcwilliams

Dec 5, 2010
I had to send my phone out twice for JTAG services. Hard bricked it two times and JTAG worked both times. On hard bricked situations the jig will not work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Booting from sdcard is possible on our s4 according to data found in seclog. You need the correct gpt header so the partitions can be found. It should be SDCC.4

Heres my gpt (from my VRUEMK2 s4) https://www.dropbox.com/s/twrwug9dxfrj17a/gpt

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone