[Q] Do you think Android Jelly Bean 4.1 is coming to A100?

De you think Android Jelly Bean 4.1 is coming to the A100?

• Total voters
Search This thread

empathyislost

Aug 21, 2010
No.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Yes. The Nexus S is getting it, and that's a 1ghz, Cortex A8 single core from 2010 with only a 200mhz PowerVR GPU and 512mb of RAM.

The A100 is a 1ghz dualcore Tegra 2 (Cortex A9) with EIGHT graphics cores and double the RAM at 1gb. There's absolutely no reason Acer CAN'T push an upgrade. We'll see. But if Acer doesn't, there is absolutely no limitation that will prevent a 3rd party dev from doing so (probably in the next few weeks).

yanksrock1000

Feb 23, 2012
I hope so. I don't see why Acer wouldn't, unless they want to focus on other newer tablets. It would be a shame though, considering its 7 inches just like the Nexus 7 and could easily be on the a100.
If it doesn't, I may consider the Nexus 7, and sell the a100 for about ~$120.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
I hope that they do. This tablet is a direct competitor with the Nexus 7. Sure, this is beat on the CPU, but it doesn't have a rear camera or SD slot.

Not counting dev work, its entirely up to Acer. They have to decide if it's worth their time and money to create another update for this device, or count the ICS upgrade as final, and focus on newer devices. Honestly, most devices only get 1 major upgrade before being forgotten, and we had ours. The newer Acers are coming out, I wouldn't think Acer would spend the time and money to make JB for us.

Of course I hope I'm wrong.

Romman0

May 7, 2012
Reactions: pio_masaki

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Acer just let out ics, and with the a110 right around the corner. I doubt Acer is gong to bother with another update. Especially with the bug complaints and the release fiasco.

http://m.engadget.com/2012/06/05/acer-iconia-tab-a210-a110/

The a110 sounds great and all, but unless they paid some serious attention to viewing angles and battery life, it'll be even worse then the a100 is now with only 2 cores to power.

Tapatalked from my Galaxy S II.

Romman0

May 7, 2012
Last edited:

gmua

Mar 27, 2012
Boca del Rio
Ultimate Android 4.1 Update List: Which Tablets Will Get Jelly Bean?

Acer Iconia Tab A500 and A100

Acer updated both the Acer A500 and A100 with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. However, the software was delayed a bit before it actually rolled out.
Given that the software may have caused Acer some headaches and that these are aging devices, an upgrade to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean may not be in the cards.
Remember, Android 4.1 is an incremental update which means there is a chance but at this point, we would start crossing those fingers A100 and A500 owners.

Taken from: Gotta Be Mobile

Reactions: Deshabilitado

jbclardy55

Jun 6, 2012
I just really hope a developer makes a 4.1 ROM. The a500 just got a 4.1 ROM so I don't see why it can't be ported over to us a100 users.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Try what people did before? Backup boot.img (kernel), flash a500 ROM, and restore the boot.img?

You can follow me on Twitter - @NotSo1nter3stin

Already tried porting, boot swapping didn't work. Gets stuck on infinite boot animation. I tried it like a week ago or so when randomblame first did it. I was sitting in irc with him lol I literally was porting it seconds after he uploaded it.

I've been distracted and haven't worked on it much since.

Reactions: notsointeresting

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It will but as a custom ROM. Maybe CM10?

Its already ported to a few devices including the a500. I haven't gotten it to boot past the boot animation on the a100 yet.

No.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Yes. The Nexus S is getting it, and that's a 1ghz, Cortex A8 single core from 2010 with only a 200mhz PowerVR GPU and 512mb of RAM.

The A100 is a 1ghz dualcore Tegra 2 (Cortex A9) with EIGHT graphics cores and double the RAM at 1gb. There's absolutely no reason Acer CAN'T push an upgrade. We'll see. But if Acer doesn't, there is absolutely no limitation that will prevent a 3rd party dev from doing so (probably in the next few weeks).
    Why wouldn't 4.1 come out for the A100. It's only a minor upgrade. If it was going to 5.x then I would say that it's probably not going to come to the A100.
    I doubt it will ever get jellybean. As far as I know Acer have discontinued it now and I don't see any replacement model in the works.

See post #13, there already is a replacement in the works.

And...we have jellybean already. From Acer? No, and I doubt we ever will. I'm fine with AOSP and later CM10.
    yeah i know, but there is no more flash support, if u found a bug on JB with flash, well learn to live with it cuz there is no more support, thats what i mean.

We're on xda silly. It'll happen.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone