[Q] Do you think Android Jelly Bean 4.1 is coming to A100?

De you think Android Jelly Bean 4.1 is coming to the A100?

• Total voters
Search This thread

thinhletien

Jul 10, 2008
Calgary, Canada
No,i dont think so. Not depend on the phone's specs, it depend on Acer. Because the A100 is too old now, so it waste time when Acer make the rom for our A100. Rightnow, i believe, no1 will buy the Acer A100 with that price, Nexus7 is even more faster, lighter, thinner, and cheaper than A100 :D So sad, but thats true story we need to accept.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
No,i dont think so. Not depend on the phone's specs, it depend on Acer. Because the A100 is too old now, so it waste time when Acer make the rom for our A100. Rightnow, i believe, no1 will buy the Acer A100 with that price, Nexus7 is even more faster, lighter, thinner, and cheaper than A100 :D So sad, but thats true story we need to accept.

Meh screw Acer we already have jellybean. And the N7 has huge drawbacks so the a100 while dated, still has an appeal to people.

Tapatalked from my A100 - Kuroikaze Personal V2

Reactions: xitrumch

dr.m0x

Oct 28, 2010
Auckland
I doubt it will ever get jellybean. As far as I know Acer have discontinued it now and I don't see any replacement model in the works.

Google have pretty much screwed the market for seven inch tablets. They are basically selling the nexus 7 for cost just to get people on the platform and away from the iPad and kindle fire (which is locked to its own app store so no cut for Google). Yeah I know Asus get a cut but Google even compensate for that by throwing in a $25 play store credit!

I'm not sure how any oem can compete with that without cutting their own throat.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

b1lk1

Sep 26, 2011
Acton, Ontario
I doubt it will ever get jellybean. As far as I know Acer have discontinued it now and I don't see any replacement model in the works.

Google have pretty much screwed the market for seven inch tablets. They are basically selling the nexus 7 for cost just to get people on the platform and away from the iPad and kindle fire (which is locked to its own app store so no cut for Google). Yeah I know Asus get a cut but Google even compensate for that by throwing in a $25 play store credit!

I'm not sure how any oem can compete with that without cutting their own throat.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/news/googles-nexus-7-is-a-152-tablet/

They are making a GOOD profit off every Nexus 7.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It will but as a custom ROM. Maybe CM10?

Its already ported to a few devices including the a500. I haven't gotten it to boot past the boot animation on the a100 yet.

Tapatalked from my Galaxy S II.
    No.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Yes. The Nexus S is getting it, and that's a 1ghz, Cortex A8 single core from 2010 with only a 200mhz PowerVR GPU and 512mb of RAM.

The A100 is a 1ghz dualcore Tegra 2 (Cortex A9) with EIGHT graphics cores and double the RAM at 1gb. There's absolutely no reason Acer CAN'T push an upgrade. We'll see. But if Acer doesn't, there is absolutely no limitation that will prevent a 3rd party dev from doing so (probably in the next few weeks).
    Why wouldn't 4.1 come out for the A100. It's only a minor upgrade. If it was going to 5.x then I would say that it's probably not going to come to the A100.

See post #13, there already is a replacement in the works.

And...we have jellybean already. From Acer? No, and I doubt we ever will. I'm fine with AOSP and later CM10.
    yeah i know, but there is no more flash support, if u found a bug on JB with flash, well learn to live with it cuz there is no more support, thats what i mean.

We're on xda silly. It'll happen.

Tapatalked from my Galaxy S II.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone