• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Docomo SC-05D

Search This thread

aliboss

Feb 1, 2013
Sometimes stucks

Hello everyone,
I wanted to know if anyone knows solution to the problem I have.
I went through different roms and now time to time my SC-05D gets stuck,
when it stucks no response to any button, only the power button turns on/off the screen,
image on the screen is same as when it got stuck.
eventually it comes back to normal about 5-10 min, or after reboot.
Battery drops for about 20 percent at that time.
it does that totally randomly about once in 1-2 days.
I return to the stock rom, but the problem is still there.
Any advices or solutions? thanks

B

blackzigong

Hello everyone,
I wanted to know if anyone knows solution to the problem I have.
I went through different roms and now time to time my SC-05D gets stuck,
when it stucks no response to any button, only the power button turns on/off the screen,
image on the screen is same as when it got stuck.
eventually it comes back to normal about 5-10 min, or after reboot.
Battery drops for about 20 percent at that time.
it does that totally randomly about once in 1-2 days.
I return to the stock rom, but the problem is still there.
Any advices or solutions? thanks

Did you try formatting internal and external sd cards?

Sent from my SC-05D using xda app-developers app

B

blackzigong

Hey blackzigong, you were able to convert the Hercules carbon rom?

My computer is being repaired and i can't try now.
Doesn't Carbon rom work on SC-05D?

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Hey blackzigong, you were able to convert the Hercules carbon rom?

Use this convert tool.
http://www.mediafire.com/?nttce4r5qxacsz9

Last edited:
M

metoyamoto

My computer is being repaired and i can't try now.
Doesn't Carbon rom work on SC-05D?

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Use this convert tool.
http://www.mediafire.com/?nttce4r5qxacsz9

Hey I just noticed the tool you posted looks different. Where did you get this one?

Good luck with your PC.

Last edited:

Nadkins

Sep 21, 2010
Big old' pimp. It works perfectly. I'm posting from carbon now. Thanks again man.

So can you post a link to the Carbon ROM your running? Was playing with the JellyBam 6.7 But it was pretty but Glitchy. ( Froze when trying to transfer data to EXT SD, Couldnt delete Music (said files were Write only) and some similar quirks to annoy me) Anyway, I'm ready to try another one.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Big old' pimp. It works perfectly. I'm posting from carbon now. Thanks again man.

So can you post a link to the Carbon ROM your running? Was playing with the JellyBam 6.7 But it was pretty but Glitchy. ( Froze when trying to transfer data to EXT SD, Couldnt delete Music (said files were Write only) and some similar quirks to annoy me) Anyway, I'm ready to try another one.

B

blackzigong

Hi everybody!
Sr for my dumb question
Is there any stable rom on which s-pen sw can work well?
Thank you!

I heard the latest JellyBam has supported S-Memo and S-Note. (But I didn't confirm whether it's really available or not.)
And you can add S-Pen gestures on any rom with this app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gmd.spencontrol

Edit: S-Memo included in JellyBam is fake.
It's a plain note app without a S-Pen support.

Last edited:
Projector use?

Been using the sc-05d for 7 months now (my first smartphone)

I would like to use the phone with a projector using the micro usb to hdmi cable. But I guess because the phones resolution is higher than the projector (epson eb 900) the signal will not pass through? Micro usb to hdmi cable works great with my TV's hdmi.

1. Can I change the resolution on the phone? Or is there some other way? (micro usb to vga?)

2. If I have to root to change the resolution, does this infringe on my docomo contract in anyway? Wouldn't mind some android 4.2.

Thanks for any ideas or help!!!
Michael

M

metoyamoto

Not sure if you can change the "resolution", but if you do flash a rom, be sure that it supports mhl. I think most roms don't.

Last edited:

Spanakopita

Aug 24, 2009
Yokohama
New Software Update - Safe?

Hi gang,

I'm still running the DoCoMo firmware that the phone came with. However, I've rooted so that I could run Titanium Backup and remove a bunch of the DoCoMo bloatware that was slowing it down and also so I could manage RAM myself. The only thing I flashed besides that was the fix for the compass.

For the last week or so, the phone has been trying to push a software (firmware) update to me. Does anyone know if this is safe to install on a rooted device? Will it bork root? My compass fix? Stupid thing doesn't even say exactly what it's updating.

If it's not safe, how can I get it to stop nagging me every 3 hours to install it?

Any help much appreciated!

B

blackzigong

Hi gang,

I'm still running the DoCoMo firmware that the phone came with. However, I've rooted so that I could run Titanium Backup and remove a bunch of the DoCoMo bloatware that was slowing it down and also so I could manage RAM myself. The only thing I flashed besides that was the fix for the compass.

For the last week or so, the phone has been trying to push a software (firmware) update to me. Does anyone know if this is safe to install on a rooted device? Will it bork root? My compass fix? Stupid thing doesn't even say exactly what it's updating.

If it's not safe, how can I get it to stop nagging me every 3 hours to install it?

Any help much appreciated!

A certain and safe updating method is using Odin.
You can get a new firmware from here:
http://www.hotfile.com/dl/202057418/26ba7e6/SC05DOMMP2_SC05DDCMMP2_DCM.zip.html
and flash it via Odin.
The compass issue has been fixed already on it.
If you want to root your phone again, the same method as before is available. (Flash CWM, then flash SuperUser.)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just when you think CM9 port is interesting and neat, the brilliant Japanese developers @sakuramilk and friends brought us Jelly bean on SC05D, the CM10 nightly. All credits to them. Thanks to Blackzigong as well for providing detailed instructions and addition guide to mod SC05d (in Japanese; Google translate is your friend).

Disclaimer: Flashing any roms in your device is risky. No one forces you to do it but yourself, so please don't blame anyone if it failed. Always backup your device before you proceed!

Anyway, here's what you need:
    1. CWM-based Galaxy Note Recovery V6 (make certain it's the "V6.0.1.2_r12" package; any other CWM recoveries are potentially lethal). It's touch enabled, so cursor bar can be controlled by swiping the screen up or down, the same is for click. the "back" button works although it doesn't light up. A new version (V6.0.1.2_r13) is available from Sakuramilk's website, which should fix the long delay in reboot.
    2. Odin3 v1.85 or v3.04.
    3. CM10 JP Remix for SC-05D (10/11/2012 nightly); go to this page for the latest nightly [remember, Jelly bean (4.1) is CM10, while Ice cream sandwich (4.0) is CM9].
    4. Gapps package for Jelly bean 4.1.x (Make sure you have the right Gapps package for your rom, if you have downloaded CM10 rom, then get Gapps package for JB 4.1.x; if CM9 rom, then Gapps package for ICS 4.0.3-4.)
    5. (optional) Fix for SC05D compass and accelerometer. (Thanks blackzigong for the file; this patch has now been incorporated to the built since Nightly 20121114, so you don't need this fix file if you have downloaded the latest nightly.)
    6. (optional) TweakGNTLTE. App to tweak CPU and lot more stuffs. Written by Sakuramilk.

Prerequisites:
    1. Backup (Titanium backup, Nandroid, whatever you like).
    2. Write down the APN setting (I found my phone failed to receive setting from carrier; APN is found under Setting, Wireless & networks, more, Mobile networks, Access Point Names; to get the automatic APN setting working you'll need the updated apn-conf.xml file, and i have provided another guide here.)
    3. (optional) if you use nova launcher, backup setting.
    4. (unnecessary) call all your friends and tell them what you're going to do to your phone. Explain to them it's ok if they can't reach you on mobile for the next few days. :) (chaps, it's just a joke!)

Procedures:
    1. Flash CWM-V6.0.1.2_r12 recovery using Odin3 (put in "PDA"; don't forget to unzip the package with 7zip before flashing).
    2. Boot into recovery mode.
    3. the recommended sequence: Factory reset, then flash CM10, followed by Gapps, clear cache, and finally reboot (there is a delay for reboot if you use CWM-V6.0.1.2_r12, don't worry if that happens.) When the phone booted, sign in google account and services, then restore apps and data with titanium backup. If the phone can make call but unable to get onto data network, you'll need to manually create a new APN profile with the APN setting you have copied down earlier. Save the setting and that should do the job (though sometimes it needs to toggle in and out of aeroplane mode to reset radio and force the phone to recognise new APN setting.) This is the recommended procedure. If you have issues with big drain on battery a factory reset is necessary.

(for those who're already using CM9 port from sakuramilk: just flash CM10 over CM9, clear cache, and reboot; if apps FC, try clear data; if FC presists, uninstall and reinstall. I had to reinstall Gmail, Play music and Google Drives in my run. I have had issues with battery drain by dirty flashing newer nightly over older one, and I had to factory reset and clear all data to fix it.)

What doesn't work?
    1. Touch to focus is missing (I may have a solution for you, though it involves a paid app and some tweaking of developer setting; see "more bonus track".)
    2. S-note, S-memo, S-planner, all missing (they are NOT part of AOSP, and they need touchwiz framework to work.); s-pen does work (thanks mlhope!)
    3. TV function doesn't work.

What does work?
    Apart from those mentioned in previous section, everything else works. I'm in Europe where LTE has just launched and is probably not compatible with the system being deployed in Japan, so I can't tell if LTE is functional. For those in Japan, do let us know.

What's new?
    for Jelly bean 4.1.2:
    1. Camera app and gallery are now one app. Swapping camera screen will bring up filmstrips of images taken previously.
    2. Google Now (Opt-in service)
    3. New layout for notification. Supported apps (Gmail, for example) will have expandable notification.
    4. New liveliness check for face unlock.
    5. Android beam now support image files (via gallery) and video files to beam between devices running jelly bean (previously you can only beam hyperlinks from browser or phone numbers from contact).
    Follow this link to see the full list of goodies of Jelly bean.
    for CM10:
    Customization of hardware home button and menu button. Volume rocker to wake is a useful way to save a dodgy power button.
    Customization of battery icon, clock. just to name a few.

What do i think of this CM10 port? (Since nightly 20121121)
    1. Just as smooth as CM9 - stutter once or twice, but animation is buttery smooth, (project butter, no doubt.)
    2. All is good. Do I miss S-memo and S-note? A little bit, but I can live without them as long as the phone/tablet/phalet runs smoothly.

Odd ball: screen capture failed to work in one occasion very early on. unmounting sd card and remounting solved that (though why an operation to mount SD card can solve a problem of saving screenshots into internal memory is a mystery to me).

Bonus tracks: got the zip for new camera app for Jelly bean 4.2? flash it, and,in principle, it will work (still missing touch to focus, well, don't we just love samsung's support to the android platform and AOSP! New clock app for Jelly bean 4.2 needs a bit more work to get everything working. Flask package using CWM. once booted, you'll need to rename DeskClock.apk (use CM FileManager, and enable root mode) found in system/app to DeskClock.old, then rename DeskClockGoogle.apk to DeskClock.apk. You can skip this step if you don't need the alarm function of the new clock app. There is a bug at notification, and it's unlikely to get fixed as it requires Jelly bean 4.2 framework. If you've modified the new clock app, you'll need to re-flash and rename file after flashing a new nightly of CM10 as the old file gets written over.

More bonus track: miss the trusty old "touch to focus" for your camera app? the recently updated Camera Zoom Fx has brought that function back to SC05D. There is a caveat, i'm afraid, that this app is a PAID app (though it's on 50% sale at the moment, grab one while you can). And there is another bigger caveat, i'm more afraid to say, that this app doesn't play ball with HW overlay in CM10 loaded SC05D. To get round it you'll need to disable HW overlays (found under setting, developer options, drawing, disable HW overlays), or the app wouldn't work properly. I haven't encountered major problem with HW overlays disabled, though scrolling and swiping appeared to be more jerky; i have only just started using my phone with that option disabled, plus i never tried to play 1080p clips on my phone, so i may not have the full picture. For playing clips on youtube, it's fine for both low-res and HQ videos. But, hey, I value touch to focus quite highly on the list of things i want to have in my phone, so i'm bias. Give it a whirl, it's only beer money.

NB: Blackzigong has provided a detailed guide to reset flash counter. Doing so is at your own risk!
    Power off your phone. Now press and hold volume up and volume down buttons. Press and hold power button. The phone will power on and the "galaxy note" with progress bar will show. This is the moment to release the power button. A moment later the screen will refresh with CMW recovery logo. Once booted into recovery you can release the volume buttons as well.

Btw, if what you want is to root you phone and stay on stock Samsung rom, you can refer to this post for the Odin flashable files(http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=32881013). The guide you quoted is for replacing stock rom with a third party rom (though IMHO much better then what Samsung has offered, with better support from the community).

Alternative method is to enable USB debug and boot using the command "adb reboot recovery". It requires a computer with drivers installed for sc05d, and you'll need adb from google developer website. I know this is a lot of preparation for just getting to recovery, but it's well worth the preparation as you can push and pull files between phone and computer, and you can do adb backup and restore.

Sent from my SC-05D using xda premium
    Root and Custom Kernel

I've managed to upgrade to ICS - for some reason it didn't work over-the-air but was able to install it through Samsung Kies.

Anyway, I've also managed to root my SC-05D and install a custom Kernel which has definitely improved the smoothness and general operation of the phone. The custom kernel also comes with the benefit of a slight overclock which you can set in an app like SetCpu, etc. Haven't found any custom ROMs as of yet, though...from what I've read, there aren't any at the moment. I had written up step-by-step on how to do it, but XDA won't let me place links in my message since I'm "new." Gahhh...:mad::mad::crying:
    Interesting, didnt know this was possible. So you claim that you can do the SIM unlock by just bringing some DoCoMo handset, without them checking if you are the actual person who had signed the contract for that particular handset?
    Maybe i would try this, but my experience with Softbank in this kind of matters does not make me a believer...

I ment alternative or non-stock kernel/firmware for the Korean model. Something by the community...

Yes, that is what I am claiming and that is what I did. You can see also here http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/support/procedure/simcard/unlock_dcm/index.html . ---"If line subscriptions for DOCOMO cannot be confirmed, the identification of the person who applies is required."

I was afraid too that they would require purchase receipt or something, and I also don't know Japanese much. But luckily I didn't need to explain anything :)

Sorry, I don't know any other community based firmware :(