• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Docomo SC-05D

Search This thread

Zgembo

Dec 1, 2006
Hissashiburi!

Has anyone tried to build CM 10.1 by sakuramilk's build instructions? Jellybean local_manifest.xml is a bit outdated, cm-10.1 variant should be something like:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_msm8660-common" path="device/samsung/msm8660-common" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_qcom-common" path="device/samsung/qcom-common" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_quincy-common" path="device/samsung/quincy-common" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_msm8660-common" path="kernel/samsung/msm8660-common" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
  <project name="kbc-developers/android_device_samsung_quincydcm" path="device/samsung/quincydcm" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
  <project name="kbc-developers/android_kernel_samsung_msm8660" path="kernel/samsung/msm8660-dcm" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
</manifest>

With that, the build starts fine, but I get compillation errors...
Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `/CyanogenMod/out/target/product/quincydcm/obj/lib/libaudioalsa.so', needed by `/CyanogenMod/out/target/product/quincydcm/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/audio.primary.msm8660_intermediates/LINKED/audio.primary.msm8660.so'.  Stop.
Anyone knows how to get in touch with sakuramilk, is he here on the forum?

Last edited:
B

blackzigong

Hissashiburi!

Has anyone tried to build CM 10.1 by sakuramilk's build instructions? Jellybean local_manifest.xml is a bit outdated, cm-10.1 variant should be something like:
Code:
<manifest>
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_msm8660-common" path="device/samsung/msm8660-common" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_qcom-common" path="device/samsung/qcom-common" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_quincy-common" path="device/samsung/quincy-common" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_msm8660-common" path="kernel/samsung/msm8660-common" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
  <project name="kbc-developers/android_device_samsung_quincydcm" path="device/samsung/quincydcm" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
  <project name="kbc-developers/android_kernel_samsung_msm8660" path="kernel/samsung/msm8660-dcm" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
</manifest>

With that, the build starts fine, but I get compillation errors...
Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `/CyanogenMod/out/target/product/quincydcm/obj/lib/libaudioalsa.so', needed by `/CyanogenMod/out/target/product/quincydcm/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/audio.primary.msm8660_intermediates/LINKED/audio.primary.msm8660.so'.  Stop.
Anyone knows how to get in touch with sakuramilk, is he here on the forum?

He is not here but you can contact @sakuramilk via Twitter.

Try following codes before asking sakuramilk:
Code:
$ cd $ANDROID_ROOT
$ repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-10.1

Code:
<manifest>
  <project name="kbc-developers/android_kernel_samsung_msm8660" path="kernel/samsung/msm8660-dcm" remote="github" revision="android-jb-mr1-v3" />
</manifest>

M

metoyamoto

I've tried flashing a bunch of roms and keep getting an infinite black screen. Something's up. I guess a lot kernels are having issues with the latest builds. Sad clown.

Zgembo

Dec 1, 2006
Thanks for clues blackzigong...

He is not here but you can contact @sakuramilk via Twitter.
Twitter. A major hassle. Will try that only if everything else fails...
Code:
<manifest>
  <project name="kbc-developers/android_kernel_samsung_msm8660" path="kernel/samsung/msm8660-dcm" remote="github" revision="android-jb-mr1-v3" />
</manifest>

There is an error here, CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_msm8660-common is repeated twice, that should be CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_qcom-common instead? Anyway, I've tried multiple branches of kbc-developers/android_kernel_samsung_msm8660; cm-10.1, android-jb-mr1-v6, android-jb-mr1-v5, android-jb-mr1-v4, android-jb-mr1-v3... All of them give me that same error. v6 gave me this one:

HTML:
target thumb C: bluetooth.default <= external/bluetooth/bluedroid/main/bte_main.c
In file included from external/bluetooth/bluedroid/main/../bta/include/bta_api.h:29:0,
                 from external/bluetooth/bluedroid/main/../btif/include/btif_common.h:24,
                 from external/bluetooth/bluedroid/main/../btif/include/btif_api.h:33,
                 from external/bluetooth/bluedroid/main/../btif/src/bluetooth.c:42:
external/bluetooth/bluedroid/main/../include/bt_target.h:44:29: fatal error: bdroid_buildcfg.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [/CyanogenMod/out/target/product/quincydcm/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/bluetooth.default_intermediates/../btif/src/bluetooth.o] Error 1

Have you been able to build it at any point?

B

blackzigong

Thanks for clues blackzigong...

Twitter. A major hassle. Will try that only if everything else fails...

There is an error here, CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_msm8660-common is repeated twice, that should be CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_qcom-common instead? Anyway, I've tried multiple branches of kbc-developers/android_kernel_samsung_msm8660; cm-10.1, android-jb-mr1-v6, android-jb-mr1-v5, android-jb-mr1-v4, android-jb-mr1-v3... All of them give me that same error. v6 gave me this one:

HTML:
target thumb C: bluetooth.default <= external/bluetooth/bluedroid/main/bte_main.c
In file included from external/bluetooth/bluedroid/main/../bta/include/bta_api.h:29:0,
                 from external/bluetooth/bluedroid/main/../btif/include/btif_common.h:24,
                 from external/bluetooth/bluedroid/main/../btif/include/btif_api.h:33,
                 from external/bluetooth/bluedroid/main/../btif/src/bluetooth.c:42:
external/bluetooth/bluedroid/main/../include/bt_target.h:44:29: fatal error: bdroid_buildcfg.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [/CyanogenMod/out/target/product/quincydcm/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/bluetooth.default_intermediates/../btif/src/bluetooth.o] Error 1

Have you been able to build it at any point?
Your correct is right.
And I've never built any rom actually...

B

blackzigong

Is there any way to unlock NTT docomo samsung galaxy note SC-05D on GingerBread 2.3.6????

i'm having problem in unlocking it..
I don't know unlocking is available on Gingerbread.
If not, update your phone to ICS 4.0.4 and follow steps below:
FREE & PERMANENT SIM UNLOCK SC-05D / This method is based on crixley's.
You do not have to pay money to unlock SC-05D any longer.

1. Flash a 4.0.4 stock rom. A stock rom is the important point to unlock.

2. Flash CWM via Odin.

3. Flash Official TMo ICS RADIO_NOTE.zip via CWM.
(Official TMo ICS RADIO_NOTE.zip is the modem file for T-Mobile GALAXY S2 SGH-T989.)

4. Insert a SIM from another provider into your phone.

5. Click "DISMISS" on the Enter Unlock Code screen after the phone start up.

6.Go to dailer screen. Press *#197328640#.
Press [1]DEBUG SCREEN
Press [8]PHONE CONTROL
Press [5] SIMULATION
Press [6] NETWORK LOCK
Press [3] PERSO SHA256 OFF
Wait exactly 30 seconds
press the menu key on the phone and select back option. This will take you back to NETWORK LOCK screen.
Press [4] NW LOCK NV DATA INITIALLIZ
Wait exactly one minute and reboot the phone.
Should be unlocked.

7. Flash Official DoCoMo SC05D ICS RADIO_NOTE.zip via CWM to return to the official modem.

8. Done. It should stay unlocked whatever roms you flash or backup and restore via CWM.
You can restore your phone to Gingerbread via CWM after unlocking if you backup beforehand.

Last edited:
M

metoyamoto

I'm sure it's greatly appreciated by everyone here. I for one am really appreciative. I'll keep an eye on his Twitter. Gambaru gambaru!

M

metoyamoto

hey guys, my japanese friend asked me to root and flash a custom ROM on her mum's docomo tab. what's the best custom ROM going around?

found this site: https://sites.google.com/site/sc05dwiki/
which seems to have collected all the work but sakuramilk and homura onto the one page. thoughts?

My Japanese friend likes Carbon , but my African buddy told me that his Chinese friend likes paranoidkangdroid. :laugh:

darkcupid

Apr 17, 2013
Hi guys,
I ve flashed several roms like carbon, jellybam and, CM 10.1 and my phone get the randomly-reboot problem with all these roms. How to fix this?. I'm using CM10.1 nightly and kernel version 3.0.72-SC05D-JB-MR1-KBC-20130411-AOSP Homura,coosee [email protected]#1 :(

Thanks and regards

M

metoyamoto

There seems to be a new ”base" available on the sakuramilk's github. I'm not sure what do to with it, but I believe it's to be flashed in Odin. Perhaps the PDA? Any brave souls?

B

blackzigong

Hi guys,
I ve flashed several roms like carbon, jellybam and, CM 10.1 and my phone get the randomly-reboot problem with all these roms. How to fix this?. I'm using CM10.1 nightly and kernel version 3.0.72-SC05D-JB-MR1-KBC-20130411-AOSP Homura,coosee [email protected]#1 :(

Thanks and regards
Try new CM10.1. :good:

There seems to be a new ”base" available on the sakuramilk's github. I'm not sure what do to with it, but I believe it's to be flashed in Odin. Perhaps the PDA? Any brave souls?
No. That's a flashable kernel zip via CWM.
When you flash old roms such as JellyBam 7.6.2, you need to flash a [Nightly] 20130411 kernel.
When you flash new roms such as JellyBam 7.7.0, you need to flash a [Experimental] 20130506 kernel.

M

metoyamoto

Try new CM10.1. :good:

No. That's a flashable kernel zip via CWM.
When you flash old roms such as JellyBam 7.6.2, you need to flash a [Nightly] 20130411 kernel.
When you flash new roms such as JellyBam 7.7.0, you need to flash a [Experimental] 20130506 kernel.

Okay. I see that the file has been changed to a flashable zip now. Should we convert new roms with the converter tool or should we use the original rom file and flash [Experimental] 20130506 zip in the original rom file or should we convert new roms and then flash the [Experimental] 20130506 kernel?

I’ve tried to flash Carbon tmo experimental and Rootbox 4.29.quincyatt by using the converter tool and the new kernel, both failed to get past the boot screeen

Last edited:
B

blackzigong

Thanks for the info! Two questions though, how can I flash the20130506 kernel? It's not a zip file, right? How do I know which ROMs are new and which are considered old?
The 20130506 kernel seems a flashable zip named SC05D-JB-MR1-KBC-20130506-AOSP-boot-signed.zip as far as I confirmed.
When you want to know that a rom is whether new one or old one, check out whether there is .../system/lib/hw/sensors.MSM8660_SURF.so inside the rom zip.
If there is sensors.MSM8660_SURF.so, it's new one. If not, it's old one. (Homura taugh us this way.)

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Okay. I see that the file has been changed to a flashable zip now. Should we convert new roms with the converter tool or should we use the original rom file and flash [Experimental] 20130506 zip in the original rom file or should we convert new roms and then flash the [Experimental] 20130506 kernel?

I’ve tried to flash Carbon tmo experimental and Rootbox 4.29.quincyatt by using the converter tool and the new kernel, both failed to get past the boot screeen

You should always use the convert tool whenever you flash roms except kbc-developers' CyanogenMod.
Flash a suitable kernel after flashing a converted rom.

Certainly, ManelScout4life's RootBox and Xylon doesn't work on my phone with the new kernel, too.
But new JellyBam seems to work well...
I can't figure out the reason :(

Last edited:
M

metoyamoto

The 20130506 kernel seems a flashable zip named SC05D-JB-MR1-KBC-20130506-AOSP-boot-signed.zip as far as I confirmed.
When you want to know that a rom is whether new one or old one, check out whether there is .../system/lib/hw/sensors.MSM8660_SURF.so inside the rom zip.
If there is sensors.MSM8660_SURF.so, it's new one. If not, it's old one. (Homura taugh us this way.)

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

You should always use the convert tool whenever you flash roms except kbc-developers' CyanogenMod.
Flash a suitable kernel after flashing a converted rom.

Certainly, ManelScout4life's RootBox and Xylon doesn't work on my phone with the new kernel, too.
But new JellyBam seems to work well...
I can't figure out the reason :(

Thanks for the need back man!

At this point, roms that won't start even with the new kernel are...
Carbon
Xylon
Rootbox

Paranoidkangdroid.2.3.3 April 24th runs, but I cant connect to wifi. :( --> scratch that; it works, wifi and all!

I did notice a new converter tool is available, when you get the time, would you mind explaining option 4-0. Thanks for everything....as per usual

Last edited:

E014

May 6, 2013
hi black, i flashed this rom JB 4.1.2 on my SC-05D and it works almost perfectly, however, only 1 thing that couldnt resolved, my camara flash light is not working, any way to fix this? Thanks in advance.... =)

Sent from my SC-05D using xda app-developers app

M

metoyamoto

hi black, i flashed this rom JB 4.1.2 on my SC-05D and it works almost perfectly, however, only 1 thing that couldnt resolved, my camara flash light is not working, any way to fix this? Thanks in advance.... =)

Sent from my SC-05D using xda app-developers app

Which rom are you running?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just when you think CM9 port is interesting and neat, the brilliant Japanese developers @sakuramilk and friends brought us Jelly bean on SC05D, the CM10 nightly. All credits to them. Thanks to Blackzigong as well for providing detailed instructions and addition guide to mod SC05d (in Japanese; Google translate is your friend).

Disclaimer: Flashing any roms in your device is risky. No one forces you to do it but yourself, so please don't blame anyone if it failed. Always backup your device before you proceed!

Anyway, here's what you need:
    1. CWM-based Galaxy Note Recovery V6 (make certain it's the "V6.0.1.2_r12" package; any other CWM recoveries are potentially lethal). It's touch enabled, so cursor bar can be controlled by swiping the screen up or down, the same is for click. the "back" button works although it doesn't light up. A new version (V6.0.1.2_r13) is available from Sakuramilk's website, which should fix the long delay in reboot.
    2. Odin3 v1.85 or v3.04.
    3. CM10 JP Remix for SC-05D (10/11/2012 nightly); go to this page for the latest nightly [remember, Jelly bean (4.1) is CM10, while Ice cream sandwich (4.0) is CM9].
    4. Gapps package for Jelly bean 4.1.x (Make sure you have the right Gapps package for your rom, if you have downloaded CM10 rom, then get Gapps package for JB 4.1.x; if CM9 rom, then Gapps package for ICS 4.0.3-4.)
    5. (optional) Fix for SC05D compass and accelerometer. (Thanks blackzigong for the file; this patch has now been incorporated to the built since Nightly 20121114, so you don't need this fix file if you have downloaded the latest nightly.)
    6. (optional) TweakGNTLTE. App to tweak CPU and lot more stuffs. Written by Sakuramilk.

Prerequisites:
    1. Backup (Titanium backup, Nandroid, whatever you like).
    2. Write down the APN setting (I found my phone failed to receive setting from carrier; APN is found under Setting, Wireless & networks, more, Mobile networks, Access Point Names; to get the automatic APN setting working you'll need the updated apn-conf.xml file, and i have provided another guide here.)
    3. (optional) if you use nova launcher, backup setting.
    4. (unnecessary) call all your friends and tell them what you're going to do to your phone. Explain to them it's ok if they can't reach you on mobile for the next few days. :) (chaps, it's just a joke!)

Procedures:
    1. Flash CWM-V6.0.1.2_r12 recovery using Odin3 (put in "PDA"; don't forget to unzip the package with 7zip before flashing).
    2. Boot into recovery mode.
    3. the recommended sequence: Factory reset, then flash CM10, followed by Gapps, clear cache, and finally reboot (there is a delay for reboot if you use CWM-V6.0.1.2_r12, don't worry if that happens.) When the phone booted, sign in google account and services, then restore apps and data with titanium backup. If the phone can make call but unable to get onto data network, you'll need to manually create a new APN profile with the APN setting you have copied down earlier. Save the setting and that should do the job (though sometimes it needs to toggle in and out of aeroplane mode to reset radio and force the phone to recognise new APN setting.) This is the recommended procedure. If you have issues with big drain on battery a factory reset is necessary.

(for those who're already using CM9 port from sakuramilk: just flash CM10 over CM9, clear cache, and reboot; if apps FC, try clear data; if FC presists, uninstall and reinstall. I had to reinstall Gmail, Play music and Google Drives in my run. I have had issues with battery drain by dirty flashing newer nightly over older one, and I had to factory reset and clear all data to fix it.)

What doesn't work?
    1. Touch to focus is missing (I may have a solution for you, though it involves a paid app and some tweaking of developer setting; see "more bonus track".)
    2. S-note, S-memo, S-planner, all missing (they are NOT part of AOSP, and they need touchwiz framework to work.); s-pen does work (thanks mlhope!)
    3. TV function doesn't work.

What does work?
    Apart from those mentioned in previous section, everything else works. I'm in Europe where LTE has just launched and is probably not compatible with the system being deployed in Japan, so I can't tell if LTE is functional. For those in Japan, do let us know.

What's new?
    for Jelly bean 4.1.2:
    1. Camera app and gallery are now one app. Swapping camera screen will bring up filmstrips of images taken previously.
    2. Google Now (Opt-in service)
    3. New layout for notification. Supported apps (Gmail, for example) will have expandable notification.
    4. New liveliness check for face unlock.
    5. Android beam now support image files (via gallery) and video files to beam between devices running jelly bean (previously you can only beam hyperlinks from browser or phone numbers from contact).
    Follow this link to see the full list of goodies of Jelly bean.
    for CM10:
    Customization of hardware home button and menu button. Volume rocker to wake is a useful way to save a dodgy power button.
    Customization of battery icon, clock. just to name a few.

What do i think of this CM10 port? (Since nightly 20121121)
    1. Just as smooth as CM9 - stutter once or twice, but animation is buttery smooth, (project butter, no doubt.)
    2. All is good. Do I miss S-memo and S-note? A little bit, but I can live without them as long as the phone/tablet/phalet runs smoothly.

Odd ball: screen capture failed to work in one occasion very early on. unmounting sd card and remounting solved that (though why an operation to mount SD card can solve a problem of saving screenshots into internal memory is a mystery to me).

Bonus tracks: got the zip for new camera app for Jelly bean 4.2? flash it, and,in principle, it will work (still missing touch to focus, well, don't we just love samsung's support to the android platform and AOSP! New clock app for Jelly bean 4.2 needs a bit more work to get everything working. Flask package using CWM. once booted, you'll need to rename DeskClock.apk (use CM FileManager, and enable root mode) found in system/app to DeskClock.old, then rename DeskClockGoogle.apk to DeskClock.apk. You can skip this step if you don't need the alarm function of the new clock app. There is a bug at notification, and it's unlikely to get fixed as it requires Jelly bean 4.2 framework. If you've modified the new clock app, you'll need to re-flash and rename file after flashing a new nightly of CM10 as the old file gets written over.

More bonus track: miss the trusty old "touch to focus" for your camera app? the recently updated Camera Zoom Fx has brought that function back to SC05D. There is a caveat, i'm afraid, that this app is a PAID app (though it's on 50% sale at the moment, grab one while you can). And there is another bigger caveat, i'm more afraid to say, that this app doesn't play ball with HW overlay in CM10 loaded SC05D. To get round it you'll need to disable HW overlays (found under setting, developer options, drawing, disable HW overlays), or the app wouldn't work properly. I haven't encountered major problem with HW overlays disabled, though scrolling and swiping appeared to be more jerky; i have only just started using my phone with that option disabled, plus i never tried to play 1080p clips on my phone, so i may not have the full picture. For playing clips on youtube, it's fine for both low-res and HQ videos. But, hey, I value touch to focus quite highly on the list of things i want to have in my phone, so i'm bias. Give it a whirl, it's only beer money.

NB: Blackzigong has provided a detailed guide to reset flash counter. Doing so is at your own risk!
    Power off your phone. Now press and hold volume up and volume down buttons. Press and hold power button. The phone will power on and the "galaxy note" with progress bar will show. This is the moment to release the power button. A moment later the screen will refresh with CMW recovery logo. Once booted into recovery you can release the volume buttons as well.

Btw, if what you want is to root you phone and stay on stock Samsung rom, you can refer to this post for the Odin flashable files(http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=32881013). The guide you quoted is for replacing stock rom with a third party rom (though IMHO much better then what Samsung has offered, with better support from the community).

Alternative method is to enable USB debug and boot using the command "adb reboot recovery". It requires a computer with drivers installed for sc05d, and you'll need adb from google developer website. I know this is a lot of preparation for just getting to recovery, but it's well worth the preparation as you can push and pull files between phone and computer, and you can do adb backup and restore.

Sent from my SC-05D using xda premium
    Root and Custom Kernel

I've managed to upgrade to ICS - for some reason it didn't work over-the-air but was able to install it through Samsung Kies.

Anyway, I've also managed to root my SC-05D and install a custom Kernel which has definitely improved the smoothness and general operation of the phone. The custom kernel also comes with the benefit of a slight overclock which you can set in an app like SetCpu, etc. Haven't found any custom ROMs as of yet, though...from what I've read, there aren't any at the moment. I had written up step-by-step on how to do it, but XDA won't let me place links in my message since I'm "new." Gahhh...:mad::mad::crying:
    Interesting, didnt know this was possible. So you claim that you can do the SIM unlock by just bringing some DoCoMo handset, without them checking if you are the actual person who had signed the contract for that particular handset?
    Maybe i would try this, but my experience with Softbank in this kind of matters does not make me a believer...

I ment alternative or non-stock kernel/firmware for the Korean model. Something by the community...

Yes, that is what I am claiming and that is what I did. You can see also here http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/support/procedure/simcard/unlock_dcm/index.html . ---"If line subscriptions for DOCOMO cannot be confirmed, the identification of the person who applies is required."

I was afraid too that they would require purchase receipt or something, and I also don't know Japanese much. But luckily I didn't need to explain anything :)

Sorry, I don't know any other community based firmware :(