• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q] Does anyone know why my SD card disappears? (SD not detected)

Search This thread

Funkadelick

Aug 6, 2010
I got a brand new SGS. It was one of the new models that got replaced from the disfunctional 3 button combo phone that was in canada (i9000m)

The GPS and stuff works perfectly too. So I'm happy.

But I have to reboot my phone like 5-10 times a day because the SD card goes missing (can't use camera etc. says not enough memory)

Anyone know the fix to this ? Why does it disappear ?

I haven't rooted or done anything to it -- it's vanilla right out the box.

thunderteaser

Jul 22, 2010
Aversa
Your issue is not new to me. I also had this problem, but the only thing I could do was to pull my sd off and reinserting it, regardless of the uncountable reboots. I got my phone in July and since then it happened about two or three times, but from five to ten times *a day* is way too much.
Try with another sd card (it may be defective). If it's still bugging you, I'm afraid the best option would be to give it back to the shop to send it for warranty repair (or immediately getting a new one, depending on the shop).
Please, let me know how it ends.

Funkadelick

Aug 6, 2010
Your issue is not new to me. I also had this problem, but the only thing I could do was to pull my sd off and reinserting it, regardless of the uncountable reboots. I got my phone in July and since then it happened about two or three times, but from five to ten times *a day* is way too much.
Try with another sd card (it may be defective). If it's still bugging you, I'm afraid the best option would be to give it back to the shop to send it for warranty repair (or immediately getting a new one, depending on the shop).
Please, let me know how it ends.

this is my internal SD card -- how do you pull it off and re-insert it ? i'm sorta new

g00ndu

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2008
I just found something out

when i plug in the USB cord - the SD card goes missing

i.e. i can see stuff in gallery but when i plug in USB cord and go to gallery it says no sd card detected

is this normal ??????
First, this thread should not be in the development subforum.

Second, to answer your question, once you connected your phone to the computer, you will not be able to access both your internal and external sd card. My advice is that you go download and rtfm. :D

Go to the Q&A section, and you will be able to learn more.