• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Does the T-Mobile note 3 have wireless charging -UPDATE- Yes it does

Search This thread

rg1973

Jun 6, 2006
That sucks shame on T-Mobile for soon this on a high dollar phone , they also dropped the ball on the note 2

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

jyan_osu

Jan 13, 2007
That sucks shame on T-Mobile for soon this on a high dollar phone , they also dropped the ball on the note 2

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

You will need the wireless charging back or modify a note 2 wireless charging receiver to test. It's not going to come out of the box being wireless charge capable.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

TEKHD

Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Scout
No variant of Note 3 has wireless charging. Samsung sells the Wireless Charging Pack separately which has a different case.

2nd day and still no confirmation on this department... Anyone? Don't tell me I will have to test it myself with the Note 2 pad... lol

Last edited:

dgfriedl

Jul 23, 2008
I don't mind testing this but I want to know the pinouts first. I confirmed that, of the five exposed contacts, the center pin on the vertical stack is ground:

SGN3-BackOff-1.png

That's confirmed to the shield, USB power ground and battery ground contacts. It's the only contact connected to ground.

The problem is that none of the pins are connected straight to +5VDC in. That's understandable because if one was wired straight through the phone couldn't detect the difference between charging from the back and through the USB port. Unfortunately it means that I don't know where to apply +5VDC for testing and I don't want to guess. I also don't know why they added a third pin to the charging back wiring, although it hints at additional functionality.

The good news is that none of the five contacts is disconnected. All of them pass some current to either +5VDC or ground. Based on that I doubt that wireless charging has been disabled.

-darren

Acaibowl

Oct 2, 2013
Seattle
I don't mind testing this but I want to know the pinouts first. I confirmed that, of the five exposed contacts, the center pin on the vertical stack is ground:

SGN3-BackOff-1.png

That's confirmed to the shield, USB power ground and battery ground contacts. It's the only contact connected to ground.

The problem is that none of the pins are connected straight to +5VDC in. That's understandable because if one was wired straight through the phone couldn't detect the difference between charging from the back and through the USB port. Unfortunately it means that I don't know where to apply +5VDC for testing and I don't want to guess. I also don't know why they added a third pin to the charging back wiring, although it hints at additional functionality.

The good news is that none of the five contacts is disconnected. All of them pass some current to either +5VDC or ground. Based on that I doubt that wireless charging has been disabled.

-darren

Should work. I work at a store and asked the Samsung rep and he confirmed that after changing the back cover to the one with wireless capability it works for Tmobile

Thank you so much guys ! I feel hopeful now.

TEKHD

Guys... Confirmed... It has wireless charging...

From your picture...(dgfriedl) I marked with a white square the 2 pins used for wireless charging... just add the pad there and good to go...

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 20131003_225731.jpg
    20131003_225731.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 824
  • 20131003_225706.jpg
    20131003_225706.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 801
  • pins.jpg
    pins.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 929
Last edited:

dstarr

Dec 22, 2011

From your picture...(dgfriedl) I marked with a white square the 2 pins used for wireless charging... just add the pad there and good to go...

How did you get the receiver pad on there? I have a note 2 and a S4 receiver pad and the orientation doesn't match up to the pins. It does work, but not functionable till we get the right layout.

jmbneaf

Oct 20, 2003
Mtgy-AL, USA
blog.jimsjump.com
I can confirm TEKHD's notes.
Top pad is for the Positive +5VDC
Middle pad is for the Ground/Return.

I have hooked up my Palm touchstone receiver coil to the pads am am charging now. No pictures but it is tight and has a slight bulge where the coil goes.

Thanks again to the XDA community!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1380862556923.jpg
    1380862556923.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 602
Reactions: TEKHD and Acaibowl

TEKHD

How did you get the receiver pad on there? I have a note 2 and a S4 receiver pad and the orientation doesn't match up to the pins. It does work, but not functionable till we get the right layout.

Look at the video on page 2 of this forum... just bend the pad...(on the 2 pins area) and it will line up perfectly...

Reactions: Pedro2NR

markanthony123

Mar 25, 2010
I just put my order in. I already have the Energizer dual Qi charger that I got for my S3. I will probably be handing down my S3 to my sister so I will let her have the Qi charger from your link and keep the Energizer one.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk now Free

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SGN3-BackOff-1.png

-darren
    Should work. I work at a store and asked the Samsung rep and he confirmed that after changing the back cover to the one with wireless capability it works for Tmobile
    I can confirm TEKHD's notes.
    Top pad is for the Positive +5VDC
    Middle pad is for the Ground/Return.

I have hooked up my Palm touchstone receiver coil to the pads am am charging now. No pictures but it is tight and has a slight bulge where the coil goes.

Thanks again to the XDA community!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    While the note 2 had the pins, the wireless charging was disabled in the note 2on t-mobile

Does the note 3 have wireless charging enabled?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

-Update-
    Confirmed
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=46155371&postcount=30
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=46157174&postcount=33