• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3

Search This thread

naganaga5222

Dec 9, 2015
@rayman95 , yes i did with the MI7 firmware ( which i later modified ) now i also found the video recording solution which i will try later after i charge my phone to 100% as it requires odin . Read the guide pages ago to do it with MJ7 ill post a guide with the MI7 as soon as i get my aproval from christyy to post on google+ first

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Last edited:

Mobox

May 20, 2016
@rayman95 , yes i did with the MI7 firmware ( which i later modified ) now i also found the video recording solution which i will try later after i charge my phone to 100% as it requires odin . Read the guide pages ago to do it with MJ7 ill post a guide with the MI7 as soon as i get my aproval from christyy to post on google+ first

Ohh god it would be fantastic ! I bought my note 3 the 31th may 2014, unfortunatlly already with kitkat. I'd love to try JB

Mobox

May 20, 2016
Ok i don't need any help,
successfully downgrade at 4.3 ! You just have to install a lollipop modem to have fully working 3g and wifi and so. Thank you guys, you're awesome ! From my Italian SM-N9005

Mobox

May 20, 2016
you didn't have problems with the screen and your finger?????must use Spen otherwise no no actions with my finger...

Everything works fine. Camera app, gps, wifi, 3g, 4g, touch and spen...

I just followed @cristityy steps, but at the end you have to flash a lollipop modem to have working signal.

4rzoozk75
http://postimg.org/image/4rzoozk75/

mxhp05q0x
http://postimg.org/image/mxhp05q0x/

Last edited:
Reactions: rayman95

naganaga5222

Dec 9, 2015
video recording soluiton i found didnt work . downgrading to latest kitkat firmware modem didnt work .( tho it didnt have any issues booting up )

Last edited:

InSenex

Sep 28, 2018
that's a modem problem, you must downgrade but you will loose IMEI or cellular signal...

Well this may be a little too late for many who might have sold their note 3 by now. But as a new n9005 owner I struggled hard to fix the video recording issue after downgrading to 43 usin the original recipe. Because I really wanted to downgrade to 4.3 and see if it increases battery life. So by trial and error I managed to do it taking cues from the original post. But alas the battery life did not increase. Nit sure if thats the way it is or something more needs toi be done. Anyway here's my strategy in summary for thosw who want to downgarde to 43 with no issues. It worked for me. IMEI ok, video recording ok. No need to flash any modem file separately. But I give no guarantee for others.

Here's what I did:

Again to remind use this is to downgrade N9005 FROM 4.4.2 TO 4.3
The starting point is 4.4.2 rom version N9005XXUGNG1. I had N9005XXUGNG1_VFGGNH1
if you have Android 5.0 first downgrade to this

1. Do A Wipe Data Factory Reset and cache partition
2. Odin: Flash In AP the file "COMBINATION_FA43_N9005XXUGNH1_N9005OXAGNH1_2670312_REV00_user_mid_noship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5."
3. Odin: Flash In AP a JB compatible cwm/twrp (look up in this forum) recovery for N9005
5. Boot into Recovery and do a Data/Cache/Dalvik wipe
6. Install in recovery Omega Rom 4.0 for N9005 JB 4.3 (N9005_Omega_v4.0_XXUDMJ7_md5_A7256B2A7F2E7005A65A6E1CA5EA77C9.zip
7. Done! you will be running a fully working Jelly Bean 4.3 ROM!

Search google for the download links for the required files in 2 and 6. I got them form google search

Reactions: ace2rus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Thanks for the files, I done everything and it's working ok, but the only thing that I found till now that's not working is recording a video in any resolution, snapping pictures works but not video even with any video recorder app, does the video recording work for you?
    I flashed the lollipop fiemware to see if it's a hardware faulty but it works fine on lollipop.
    Usually happens when the modem is not compatible mate...maybe it didn't downgrade?

Phronesis team member
    I just read an interesting news. Apparently, some canadian phones ( SM-N900W8 ) when flashed with the newly released Mexican 4.4.2 can downgrade back to a 4.3 firmware. Did somebody who flashed the Poland 4.4.2 tried flashing it and maybe you guys can downgrade to 4.3 after as well? It's just an idea I haven't really tried it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
    cant you use spt tool???

Let me make this clear... NO!!!

You seem to want a different answer. Tough luck, this is the only one you're going to get but you just won't accept it... You need to cause it aint gonna change...
    How can i do this? Note 3 stock. With Odin is always "failed".. It it Knox? Thanks

You really need to read a lot more before you start messing around flashing things on your device. It's ALL around this forum about not being able to downgrade.

You can't do it mate.... You.... And me... And a few others are now stuck on kitkat

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Well I knew what I was getting myself into, flashed it pretty much a few mins after it leaked lol