[Q] Downgrading Defy BL7

Search This thread

avi_tandel

Oct 11, 2012
Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
Dear All Good Evening,

I have green lense defy (MB 525). Accidently I have flashed defy plus full sbf ( probably non downgradable ). I have tried many 2.2 Froyo SBF roms but all nothing has been worked out for me. Now my defy is on sbf of defy plus in which Camera is not working, Although I am able to root BL 7 & I am on CM9. Is their any hope to either BL7 based froyo sbf or any method to downgrade from BL7.

Please Help.... And Best of Luck ....:good:

maurodon

Oct 10, 2011
Dear All Good Evening,

I have green lense defy (MB 525). Accidently I have flashed defy plus full sbf ( probably non downgradable ). I have tried many 2.2 Froyo SBF roms but all nothing has been worked out for me. Now my defy is on sbf of defy plus in which Camera is not working, Although I am able to root BL 7 & I am on CM9. Is their any hope to either BL7 based froyo sbf or any method to downgrade from BL7.

Try latest CMX with custom kernel - that may solve the camera problem. Battery charging is working for you?

joma227

Aug 21, 2010
near Frankfurt
www.matuliauskas.de
Dear All Good Evening,

It was astonishing for me, because I always thought, without changing the Kernel we never would be able to recognize the green lense. But with this CUSTOM ROM I can use my kamera like nothing happened. When you flash this Rom through CWM, be patient, when you reboot after flashing. It needs a long time to finish first booting. Just wait until you can see the regular Welcome screen.
Link to the Rom:
http://quarx2k.ru/cm10-2ndboot-night...HTLY-mb526.zip

Greetings from joma227 with DEFY 525 green lense and full flashed with dfp231 (BL7). I dont need downgrade any more.
Thanks a lot to Quarx.:laugh:

jalal-jap

Apr 9, 2012
Tehran
It was astonishing for me, because I always thought, without changing the Kernel we never would be able to recognize the green lense. But with this CUSTOM ROM I can use my kamera like nothing happened. When you flash this Rom through CWM, be patient, when you reboot after flashing. It needs a long time to finish first booting. Just wait until you can see the regular Welcome screen.
Link to the Rom:

Greetings from joma227 with DEFY 525 green lense and full flashed with dfp231 (BL7). I dont need downgrade any more.
with DEFY 525 green lense and full flashed with dfp231 (BL7) camera is ok BUT BATTERY IN NOT ABLE TO CHARGE !!!
can u charge ur phone joma227?

avi_tandel

Oct 11, 2012
Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
Great news....Tested on green lense defy

with DEFY 525 green lense and full flashed with dfp231 (BL7) camera is ok BUT BATTERY IN NOT ABLE TO CHARGE !!!
can u charge ur phone joma227?

:laugh: Ya I am able to charge , My camera works fine..
Full Credit Goes to Quarks...............
One doubt as kernels now changed can we flash roms for which base version of 2.2 required
for Eq. Jboogie Liquid Arc , Pop Corn etc or can we flash 2.2 nandroid back up now????

Any Solution

avi_tandel

Oct 11, 2012
Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
Steps which I have followed on mb 525

My Battery always show 100% or 1% .
whats ur step for flash rom or battery fix file?

I was on rooted sbf BL 7
Install 2nd init
go to custom recovery
wipe data / cashe / dalvik cashe
install quarks rom cm10 mb 525 *** optional
reboot
install quarks 2nd boot rom with kernel
install update for kernels
reboot
flash gapps minimal ** optional
reboot .. thats it done!!!!!

Above steps worked on my mb 525 on which i had wrongly flashed mb 526 sbf (non dow) & My camera was dead for 1 month Now its fine!!:laugh:

jalal-jap

Apr 9, 2012
Tehran
I was on rooted sbf BL 7
Install 2nd init
go to custom recovery
reboot
reboot

Above steps worked on my mb 525 on which i had wrongly flashed mb 526 sbf (non dow) & My camera was dead for 1 month Now its fine!!:laugh:
ok
I Do Ur Steps.
But My battery always show 1%.
ohhhhh.

@southpaw

Jul 7, 2012
Link to the Rom:

Oh my GOD!!!! This is great news , i am amongst thousand others who committed the same mistake of flashing a MB526 rom on MB525 green lens phone and the end result a non working camera . I hope this works for me.

The link http://quarx2k.ru/cm10-2ndboot-night...HTLY-mb526.zip seems to be dead :(, gives a "404 Not found error" , Can someone please help me with the link to download the rom ?

@southpaw

Jul 7, 2012
Help with download link

:laugh: Ya I am able to charge , My camera works fine..
Full Credit Goes to Quarks...............
One doubt as kernels now changed can we flash roms for which base version of 2.2 required
for Eq. Jboogie Liquid Arc , Pop Corn etc or can we flash 2.2 nandroid back up now????

Any Solution

Hi Avi,

Can you give me the link to the Rom that you downloaded. The link in the post seems to be inactive. Appreciate your help!!!

rajeshnitk

Nov 5, 2012
Link plz

I was on rooted sbf BL 7
Install 2nd init
go to custom recovery
reboot
reboot

please give me the link to quarks 2nd boot rom with kernel and for install update for kernels.

pgraf

Jan 2, 2013
I was on rooted sbf BL 7
Install 2nd init
go to custom recovery
reboot
reboot

i made the same mistake and have bl7 on my green lense defy. unfortunately, when ein try to install quarks rom cm10 for 525 or also 526, after the update the defy only boots to the red m, not showing any animations after that an d freezing. i can reach the standard motorola boot recovery (by pressing volume down), but it doesn't reach the blue led for the custom recovery.

any ideas or tips?

rootdefyxt320

Oct 4, 2012
Sydney, NSW
i made the same mistake and have bl7 on my green lense defy. unfortunately, when ein try to install quarks rom cm10 for 525 or also 526, after the update the defy only boots to the red m, not showing any animations after that an d freezing. i can reach the standard motorola boot recovery (by pressing volume down), but it doesn't reach the blue led for the custom recovery.

any ideas or tips?

Reflash stock bl7 sbf and rooted bl7 sbf. You can't downgrade due to eFuse which prevents you downgrading bootloaders. Then install Defy 2nd init 2.3 (latest version) and put Quarx CM 10 on the root of sd card.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone