[Q] Download Files From Google Drive

Search This thread

Mayank77

Jan 9, 2012
Manipal
in.linkedin.com
Hi ,
I uploaded some pictures on my Gmail Drive yesterday via Laptop.
When I use the Android Google Drive Client on my Gingerbread , I have options of viewing it or making it offline.

Is there any way of downloading the pictures to my SD card ?

Making it offline doesn't help because once I remove the Google Drive App from my Droid , I will no longer be able to view that picture.

I want a permanent download so that my downloaded pictures appear in my gallery even after un-installation of Google Drive.

Reactions: jeffguerrero94

rborg

May 18, 2007
Seems to work just fine when you click "make available offline" and the file will be available in the docs directory /sdcard/Android/data/.com.google.android.apps.docs/files/pinned... etc
Tested with a zip file.

It was already a zip? Drive stores it offline as a zip, actually.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ALD3

Aug 31, 2011
OC, Florida
Changing Drive settings other encrypted OFF and then setting your file to offline does work. In es file explorer if you long press the folder pinned_docs_files_do_not_edit and click shortcut command it will make a shortcut on your desktop of file pinned_docs_files_do_not_edit. Lot quicker to open it for your files.

tonypanduru

Dec 6, 2012
This will work

If anybody is still wondering how to download from google drive here the solution is not to use the google drive app.
Just go in your browser and go to drive.google.com. Once you select the file it will prompt you to save it,like any other download.

Is a shame that the app itself does not have this function.

ALD3

Aug 31, 2011
OC, Florida
I have also figured out that ES File explorer will do as Astro does. Just open ES and click on show tabs, then on the right is the Net tab, click it and then the + button, choose Drive, Dropbox or Box. Login and check to keep login and then you can access all your files on ES just like they were onboard. Can setup any and all cloud storage that you use, just have to add them 1 at a time. A lot easier and faster than having to use cloud storage without ES file explorer. :)

:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: eibbed0001

hapyman

Jul 7, 2011
Stalno app?

I don't understand what you mean...

The app is called "Download All Files"

http://goo.gl/XafWN

Its great way to download files from google drive or other apps that don't allow. Its much easier than making files available offline and then browsing to said folder.

After installed you just have to click "open" file and then choose to open the file with "Download All Files", it will allow you to choose download location.

Fast and easy have been using this one for a couple years.

[.::MDT::.]

May 20, 2012

Its great way to download files from google drive or other apps that don't allow. Its much easier than making files available offline and then browsing to said folder.

After installed you just have to click "open" file and then choose to open the file with "Download All Files", it will allow you to choose download location.

Great, thanks a lot!

I will try it asap.

abrahamxavi

Feb 19, 2014
use a file managing soft that supports G drive

using a file manager (i use es) i'm able to access the drive content from within the app. I can then copy-paste into a folder on the SD card. To set it up just allow es permissions from google while opening drive for the first time (only). Hope this helps :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have no problem using Google Drive to store files on my SD card (actually I have a Galaxy Nexus, so it stores it on phone as a virtual SD card). this works for zip files, google doc files, and several others I tried.

Firstly, you need to turn off Enable Encryption (encrypt offline documents) in the settings of the Google Drive app. Then find the file in your "my drive", select it, and make it available offline. This will cause Google Drive to download it to your phone.

As Supaiku mentioned, it saves it to a crazy folder located at /mnt/sdcard/Android/Data/com.google.android.apps.docs/files/pinned_docs_Files_do_not_edit/*CRAZY FOLDER NUMBER*. You have to use a file explorer (I use root explorer) to navigate there to see your files.

Hope this helps.
    EDIT: [SOLVED]

Disable encryption via settings, and the files are accessible in the below folder. Thank the man

The files seem to be in the google docs application folder, which on my system is found in /mnt/sdcard/Android/Data/com.google.android.apps.docs/files/pinned_docs_Files_do_not_edit/*CRAZY FOLDER NUMBER*

However, viewing the files does not work. It seems that this is a feature they have not included (for whatever reason).
    Dropbox lets you export files.

You could also try another service called "Box".
    Use Cloud2SD (Google removed Google Drive Download. It has been renamed and re-released as Cloud2SD.)

Find it at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hexxus.cloudtosd
    This will work

If anybody is still wondering how to download from google drive here the solution is not to use the google drive app.
    Just go in your browser and go to drive.google.com. Once you select the file it will prompt you to save it,like any other download.

Is a shame that the app itself does not have this function.
    Stalno app?

I don't understand what you mean...