• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] DPI and battery life

Search This thread

pyromaniac1

Sep 23, 2011
Hi
I've seen a few threads regarding dpi. But aside from aesthetics in the way of smaller icons and what not does lower the dpi have any effect on battery life?

And is there any way to change the ppi on the display like we can do on computers with resolutions? I'd like to have 320 ppi because anything beyond that I won't even be able to tell the difference.

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
It doesn't affect battery life at all. It just changes the sizes of things.

And no, you can't change the ppi, it is a fact of the hardware. And 'changing' the resolution on a computer is like changing the dpi on the phone.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
If you lower the dpi the icons get smaller.

What he is saying is that if you lower the resolution (like on a pc for example from 1920x1080 to 1440x900 it will cause the desktop to stretch therefor causing this images to get bigger)

A lower DPI is like increasing the resolution, all of the icons and layouts will get smaller, fitting more on a screen, but doing so will not enable you to fit more icons on the home-screen unless you use a custom launcher where you can change the grid size.

Reactions: krazya

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you lower the dpi the icons get smaller.

What he is saying is that if you lower the resolution (like on a pc for example from 1920x1080 to 1440x900 it will cause the desktop to stretch therefor causing this images to get bigger)

A lower DPI is like increasing the resolution, all of the icons and layouts will get smaller, fitting more on a screen, but doing so will not enable you to fit more icons on the home-screen unless you use a custom launcher where you can change the grid size.