[Q] Duplicate Photos in Gallery

Search This thread

ThePaleAle

Feb 7, 2008
Toronto
Reformatting doesn't fix it though. I have tried a different ROM (AOKP based) and different Kernel but this seems to recur.

SD Maid doesn't get rid of the duplicates. Only deleting the Media Data does. This has to be done often though... wanted a more permanent solution.

Last edited:

ThePaleAle

Feb 7, 2008
Toronto
It's not creating actual duplicate files. It seems like any media files only on the external micro SD card get 'duplicated'. When I say duplicated I mean that within the Gallery and Music Player there are duplicates of each file. When I check for the actual file (through folder explorer) there is only 1 of them... I think there is something messed up with the index/thumbnails?

It's been wiped quite a few times along with the Davlik cache. I've tried different Micro SD Cards, but each of them produce the same issue eventually

ThePaleAle

Feb 7, 2008
Toronto
I've also just done a full factory restore then wiped the cache's and installed a new ROM and Kernel... issue is recurring again. It is only the external microSD media that gets duplicated within the applications. The files don't actually duplicate in the file explorer. Something is going wrong with the thumbnails or indexing of these files.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the emmc mount point?

SoniyaJonas

May 19, 2022
Duplicate Photo Fixer is the only image similarity finder that works equally well on Windows and Mac. Regardless of your operating system, duplicate photos aren't overlooked when they're hidden in Adobe Lightroom, Mac Photos, or other connected devices with drive letters.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did the same thing. Thought I deleted the 'duplicates'. gaaah!

Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Media Storage>Clear Data.

Then reboot. Got the tip from philyew from TMo!
    Tired this and didn't work any other suggestions? dbdata is empty and I deleted the cooliris file. I really dont want to have to reformat and load again. Thanks for any help.

Sgs tools has a clear thumbs script, fixes it every time.

http://db.tt/bDOWM4c

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
    Ok this is weird... Out of nowhere my pictures and wallpaper folders are slowing duplicates of every photo when viewing them in the gallery (3 to be exact). The thing is when I view the folders through a file manager there are no duplicates. If I mount the sd card through the phone, no duplicates. If i pop the card out and put it into a card reader, no duplicates. I have no idea what couldve caused this but its very annoying. Its not the first time this has happened. I tired deleting the thumbnail cache but that did nothing. I'm tired of having to delete and recopy the folders over every thing this happens. Anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix it?

use this thread. I was having the same issue and was going insane!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=9011278&postcount=4212